crystallize ice cantrip - frost scythe 02/03/2016 08:32 PM CST
Someone forgot to tell Gauthus about frost scythe not being a spell anymore. Either that or he's just being really mean and teasing me because he knows I miss that spell!

>ask gau about crystallize ice cantr
Guildmaster Gauthus traces the glowing sigil of the Crystallize Ice cantrip in the air before you. After several moments of instruction on creating the cantrip's pattern, he pauses to explain its function.

"The Crystallize Ice cantrip can be used to create ice crystals or harden existing ice, repairing damage from melting. This is particularly of use when cast upon the result of a Frost Scythe spell, as the cantrip will extend the time before the scythe melts."
Re: crystallize ice cantrip - frost scythe 02/06/2016 04:20 AM CST
well, we have elemental weapons. maybe we could have weapons that can only be summoned in it's special element IE: you can only summon a scythe that is frosty - frost scythe
you can only summon a whip with fire - fire whip (balrog me)
and uh electric can be something cool too, like signature elemetal weapons representing their elements.

-Munch-
Re: crystallize ice cantrip - frost scythe 02/06/2016 04:35 PM CST
Elemental weapons are much better than self-cast frost scythe/fist of stone (except maybe their nouns are not as interesting). The real glory of the two spells was the wonderful damage messaging... from the messaging to the concept (shards of fire, literally punching someone with Elanthia), those first-teir TM spells that came out after the elemental spellbooks first got redone were just solid, original writing that initially got me hooked on DR.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.