buggy summoned weapons 04/26/2015 02:22 AM CDT
getting no electrical messaging with summoned electric scimitar. also, attack messaging is going by jab instead of slice.

< You slice an electric scimitar at a forest geni. A forest geni fails to dodge.
The scimitar lands a very heavy (9/23) hit that stabs deeply into the geni's right arm.
[You're adeptly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

< You slice an electric scimitar at a forest geni. A forest geni fails to evade.
The scimitar lands a very heavy (9/23) hit that drives the electric scimitar deeply into the stomach.
[You're bruised, nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

< You slice an electric scimitar at a forest geni. A forest geni attempts to dodge.
The scimitar lands a very heavy (9/23) hit that drives the electric scimitar deep into the ribcage to savage the geni's lungs.
The forest geni cries out to the forest for protection. Getting no response, it collapses to the ground.
[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

< You slice an electric scimitar at a forest geni. A forest geni fails to dodge.
The scimitar lands an extremely heavy (10/23) hit that nails it in the right hindquarters.
[You're bruised, adeptly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

< You slice an electric scimitar at a forest geni. A forest geni attempts to evade.
The scimitar lands a powerful (11/23) strike that rips the geni's right leg from the hip.
The forest geni lands on its backside and giggles oddly.
[You're bruised, adeptly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

Flipped to short sword, tried slicing attacks. messaging is slicing.

< You slice an electric short sword at a forest geni. A forest geni attempts to dodge.
The sword lands a heavy (8/23) strike that slices deeply into the geni's left calf.
[You're adeptly balanced and in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

Also, jabbing messaging is consistent with sword.

< You jab an electric short sword at a forest geni. A forest geni fails to evade.
The sword lands a hard (6/23) hit that rips the the bicep from the geni's left arm to expose slimy wet bone.
[You're bruised, incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: buggy summoned weapons 04/26/2015 07:21 PM CDT
The electrical is probably a bug.

However, the damage messaging isn't. When you summon an electrical scimitar, you summon a scimitar where the highest damage category (slice) is transferred to electrical. There's no slice damage left, and which means when the SLICE attack uses it's combination of slice (mostly) and puncture (minor component), it messages only the puncture.

The short sword's highest damage is puncture, so that gets transferred into electrical damage, so when you slice, it still has slice damage left. My bet is JAB is 100% puncture and (nearly?) nothing else, so no matter what your weapon stats are, it gives only puncture damage messaging.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: buggy summoned weapons 04/27/2015 01:05 AM CDT
<<However, the damage messaging isn't. When you summon an electrical scimitar, you summon a scimitar where the highest damage category (slice) is transferred to electrical. There's no slice damage left, and which means when the SLICE attack uses it's combination of slice (mostly) and puncture (minor component), it messages only the puncture.

This is incorrect because a change was implemented so that an elemental weapon which has one of its stats switched to another element will retain the physical nature tied to that element and will behave as a weapon with that much in the physical stat but message as that element. The appraisal reflects it now as well. E.g.:

You are certain that it could do:
poor (2/26) puncture damage
no (0/26) slice damage
somewhat fair (4/26) impact damage
somewhat heavy (8/26) fire damage with affinity for slice attacks
no (0/26) cold damage
no (0/26) electric damage

So that scimitar should still behave as a slicer both for ANALYZE and ATTACK since the slice affinity is highest, but return fire damage messaging since that's the highest damage type. He's saying that electricity weapons don't do this. I'm not sure if fire or ice ones are also buggy this way, but he didn't mention anything about them.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: buggy summoned weapons 04/27/2015 01:13 AM CDT
<<So that scimitar should still behave as a slicer both for ANALYZE and ATTACK since the slice affinity is highest, but return fire damage messaging since that's the highest damage type.

Oops, that should say, "but return fire damage messaging on slice based attacks because that is the new damage type for them."

I really should go to bed...

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: buggy summoned weapons 06/17/2015 02:59 PM CDT
I just started hunting Adan'f and I am getting no elemental messaging on them, my electric/icy quarterstaff and bola both seem to default to piercing messaging.

I noticed the previous poster was getting this on Geni's while I'm getting it on Adan'f, so this could be specific to cursed/undead creatures. Is this a known issue?
Re: buggy summoned weapons 06/17/2015 04:48 PM CDT
>I noticed the previous poster was getting this on Geni's while I'm getting it on Adan'f, so this could be specific to cursed/undead creatures. Is this a known issue?

I'm not sure this is the actual answer since it's defaulting to piercing, of all things, but:

I recall this was noted in the original release. There's no damage messaging written for the non-standard damage tables. There are a bunch of different damage tables in the game like 'exoskeletal living creature,' 'skeletal undead,' 'maybe it is a plant,' 'flehsy undead,' 'noncoporeal non shadow monster,' each of which is a geometric increase in the messaging to be written that there wasn't the time or creative energy for.

It's like how most TM spells don't have unique messaging for a rock monster versus a snake made of lava, but hitting one or the other with a mace is different. Assuming the GM who made the critter even hooked up an appropriate alternative damage table -- I expect even that might be something of a hassle since some critters are surprisingly full of blood!

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: buggy summoned weapons 06/17/2015 05:01 PM CDT
Ok well that makes sense, it must be the non-standard damage table thing. I had no idea there were so many variations.

Maybe a compromise could be to plug in the regular elemental damage messages to any creature type that's reasonably corporeal. After all, a fiery quarterstaff incinerating an orc's arm wouldn't necessarily be too different if you swap in a zombie or plant creature in it's place. I can understand this not working for ghosts, shadow or skeletal creatures obviously.