shape weapon parser bugs 04/13/2015 08:14 PM CDT
Two parser bugs related to using descriptors to specify which weapon you want to SHAPE.

1. Using the MY descriptor causes SHAPE to fail.
> shape my broadsword to light thrown
What type of weapon were you trying to shape that into?

> shape broadsword to light thrown

You reach out with your will and reshape your broadsword into a bola.
Roundtime: 12 sec.

2. Weapons that have an adjective cause SHAPE to fail when specifying the adjective.

> shape marauder blade to light thrown
What type of weapon were you trying to shape that into?

R> shape blade to light thrown

You reach out with your will and reshape your blade into a bola.
Roundtime: 12 sec.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: shape weapon parser bugs 04/14/2015 12:52 AM CDT
The parser also defaults to the broadsword or broadaxe in my container instead of the broadsword I'm holding.

>summon weapon
>
Closing your eyes, you grunt briefly in effort as you sense a small earthen ethereal fissure open in front of you. Thrusting your hand through, you draw out a crude stone broadsword. As you open your eyes, the fissure closes.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>app broad
It's hard to appraise the broadaxe when it's inside something.
>glan
You glance down to see a crude stone broadsword in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
Re: shape weapon parser bugs 04/14/2015 09:09 AM CDT
>Two parser bugs related to using descriptors to specify which weapon you want to SHAPE.

I think I investigated this early on, and there was something very odd happening inside the SHAPE verb. I'll see if I can figure it out when I get home tonight.

>The parser also defaults to the broadsword or broadaxe in my container instead of the broadsword I'm holding.

This issue is probably more about the parser or the APPRAISE verb than these weapons, but the adjectives should work correctly here, I think.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: shape weapon parser bugs 04/14/2015 10:52 AM CDT
I'll do some more testing tonight, with regular items. Though, I thought that it should always default to what's in your hand or on the ground, before looking in containers.
Re: shape weapon parser bugs 04/14/2015 07:16 PM CDT
>Two parser bugs related to using descriptors to specify which weapon you want to SHAPE.

These should both be fixed... In fact, the parser should behave a lot better with regard to SHAPE.

>I'll do some more testing tonight, with regular items. Though, I thought that it should always default to what's in your hand or on the ground, before looking in containers.

I did some testing, and regular items work how you would expect. I have no idea why these don't work. I'll poke some people. I was able to confirm that moonblades work the same way if I have something that starts with moon in my backpack, though, so I'll just blame Moon Mages.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: shape weapon parser bugs 04/14/2015 08:05 PM CDT
Just blame Raesh for everything. It's the easiest way.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: shape weapon parser bugs 04/16/2015 12:10 AM CDT
Moon Mages broke the world again? Something really needs to be done about those guys.
Re: shape weapon parser bugs 05/24/2015 06:42 PM CDT
The shape help text needs to be changed for the 'shape weapon to stone' part. It only works if you type 'shape weapon to earth' currently.

>glan
You glance down to see a fiery nimsha in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

You may SHAPE nimsha TO STONE, if the weapon is currently shaped to ICE, ELECTRIC, or FIRE.

R>shape nimsha to stone
>
You may SHAPE nimsha TO <skill>, if you know Expansive Infusions.
You may SHAPE nimsha TO STONE, if the weapon is currently shaped to ICE, ELECTRIC, or FIRE.
You may SHAPE nimsha TO ICE, if you know Icy Infusions.
You may SHAPE nimsha TO ELECTRIC, if you know Shocking Infusions.
You may SHAPE nimsha TO FIRE, if you know Fiery Infusions.

>shape nimsha to earth
>
You reach out with your will and reshape your nimsha into a stone nimsha.
Roundtime: 1 sec.