Trader financed gem shops and furriers 05/26/2007 12:55 AM CDT
Quick question on trader financed gem shops and furriers,

How does it work?, What are the pro's and con's? does it take alot of work, and most importantly is it profitable?

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire
Re: Trader financed gem shops and furriers 05/27/2007 12:30 PM CDT
Financing a gem shop, while something I've never done...

It allows an adventurer, of any guild, to sell in bulk, (ie. gempouches) to the clerk/whatever inside.

Your money is financing the sale.

The actual value of the gems is the same as if sold to another clerk, elsewhere...

The trick is, that you then get to go collect the gems themselves later, and (re)sell them yourself, the idea is that you'll make a profit.

But it really depends on how to do it, because in theory you could have another trader go in and sell a whole lot, to make your LOOSE money that way.

My personal experience, is the financed gemshops are rarely used by adventurers in favor of the real ones.
Re: Trader financed gem shops and furriers 05/27/2007 02:09 PM CDT
>My personal experience, is the financed gemshops are rarely used by adventurers in favor of the real ones

It would be nice if all gemshops could be financed.

Fuquois
Re: Trader financed gem shops and furriers 05/27/2007 05:15 PM CDT
Where are the trader financed shops? I think there's one near the water on Aesry. Anywhere else? The one in Rossman's? The near the Wall in Ilithi?

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Re: Trader financed gem shops and furriers 05/27/2007 06:13 PM CDT
throne city,rossmans <THERENGIA> & horse clan <ILITHI>gemshops

aesry <QI> and NTR <ZOLUREN> caravansary furriers.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Trader financed gem shops and furriers 05/27/2007 08:05 PM CDT
Thanks Gonif

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.