Rewrite Status update, please? 02/10/2007 03:15 AM CST
The commods rewrite was listed as a 2006 goal. I'm totally aware and sympathetic to the fact that other things took priority. It's been planned sense 2002 though (As I found out by a look at the froums) and it wasn't completed in 2006 either. Now that it's 2007, Can we get a status update? I know that ETA's are a bad idea too, everyone whines when it doesn't reach that point. Just wondering what's going on with it, if any works been done this year on it, etc.

Thanks!
Re: Rewrite Status update, please? 02/10/2007 10:23 PM CST
(disclaimer: tounge-in-cheek post)

I've been working on it the past two years, unfortunately since I am not a GM, or even have access to the DR codebase, I've been doing all my code in C++.

Now the hard part is actually integrating it into DR itself, and convincing Bubba and other GM's to allow me to do so.

Nevermind the fact that I have the actual system coded, and not any actual data points, so if I activated what I have now, you'd simply be left with "A grain of sand" as a commodity, with very little value; even though you could buy/sell that to your hearts content. Problem being there would also be no market fluctuation, since those values are left unset.

Even Worse is the fact that I do not account for Muspa'ri having more Sand than most other places.... Hell Aesry would have as much sand as Muspari, and I don't even have shipping trading working yet. :(

(Yes, I am not a GM right now, nor do I have the time to actually be one; even though I do feel my programming knowledge would be an asset if I did apply as one)

(As I said initially, a tounge-in-cheek reply, and not meant to be taken seriously)