new trader commodities question 06/30/2006 10:11 PM CDT
Hey hey, had a couple questions..

since I'm fairly new to commodities, is there anything other than what's been out for awhile that's changed? read through this folder in entirety.. wasn't sure if i missed anything.

second, and this may be the wrong place to post this.. i decided to upgrade my caravan.. had been running a two mule team for awhile.. and got a nice spiffy steel-wheeled caravan.. but i've noticed it's markedly slower than the old one.. 7 second movement rate vs about 4-5.. i've told the driver to go faster but alas they're moving as fast as they can.. any ideas on this?

Jefferie
Re: new trader commodities question 06/30/2006 10:20 PM CDT
Guessing on this, but maybe you've got more weight? Would make entirely too much sense for caravans to go slower the more they weighed. I wonder if a glyph or something similar would work on them?

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: new trader commodities question 06/30/2006 11:29 PM CDT
have you fed it recently? caravans run faster when well fed.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: new trader commodities question 07/02/2006 01:04 PM CDT
No i swapped caravans..

It seems that when you get a new one, they tend to go slower.. as you have em for awhile, they get faster.
Must be when they are considered "broken in"

took about 9 hours or so I think.
Re: new trader commodities question 07/27/2006 10:28 AM CDT
How does one go about keeping the same caravan?

Is it one of those affairs where you have to, you know, play straight for nine hours at a time?
Re: new trader commodities question 07/27/2006 12:18 PM CDT
>>How does one go about keeping the same caravan?<<

You stable the caravan.

Re: new trader commodities question 07/27/2006 01:12 PM CDT
If you plan on playing at least once in every 24 hours period, stabling your caravan is actually cheaper (by a small amount, but every bit helps) than renting a new one each time. 400 Kronars for a fresh caravan from the guild, but.. 240 or 250 Kronars to stable it for 24 hours. If you leave it for two days, it's 500 Kronars which is why it's only cheaper if you plan on taking it out every day.

Question:
When you pay to stable your caravan, are you able to take it out and return it as many times as you want for the period you paid for, or do you have to pay every time you stable it?

-Fuquois-

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.
Re: new trader commodities question 07/27/2006 01:40 PM CDT
>Question:
> When you pay to stable your caravan, are you able to take it out and return it as many times as you want for >the period you paid for, or do you have to pay every time you stable it?

I'm afraid you have to pay each time you restable it.

The player of Achaia, trader of Elanthia.

"Knowledge," the Guildleader Ansprahv continues, "is your greatest asset."