Contract Profit 03/24/2006 06:13 PM CST
I've ran a total of 3 contracts so far at circle 13. Commodities are keeping me locked easilly and I'm bringing in much more than contracts at the moment.

Does the fact that I've done only 3 contracts drag down the profit/value of contracts I get? Or is the profit/value based purely on my stats and trading?

Like forging factor, 2 people with identical stats and skills, but one has made 300 weapons more than the other. The one who has made the most will make the better weapon. Do contracts work like this?

Sorry, terrible at describing what I mean.

Rick.
Re: Contract Profit 03/24/2006 06:36 PM CST
>>Does the fact that I've done only 3 contracts drag down the profit/value of contracts I get? Or is the profit/value based purely on my stats and trading?

That would be too closely considered a reputation system and our resident LEGENDARY Trader V.V. would like to put down any vicious rumors that a reputation system exsists. I repeat, to all who are reading this a reputation system does not exsist. That is all.

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Contract Profit 03/24/2006 06:47 PM CST
Ok ok, so Trader X and Trader Y are identical twins. They both have equal stats and skills. Trader X loves contracts and has done 3000 deliveries. Trader Y hates them and has got all his trading skill from classes, as never done a single delivery. Trader X is making 6 plat profit per delivery. Trader Y has never tried.

Would Trader Y make 6 plat per delivery?

Sorry for being annoying. I don't want to get to 40th circle and find out all my time not doing contracts goes against me, even though I'm doing really well with trading :(

Rick.
Re: Contract Profit 03/24/2006 06:56 PM CST
I have a 11th circle trader making 3-5 silver (profit) per contract sometimes more. How much do you make (profit) per contract?

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Contract Profit 03/24/2006 07:37 PM CST
Thank you for the help, I'll try a contract as soon as I get rid of this lot of commodities.

On a slightly different note, what scripts do people use for the contracts? I don't want anything fancy that trains everything, just something that does the actual trading so I can talk and do other things. I guess I'll make my own if it comes to it, but there must be loads out there already. Any sites worth a look?

Rick.
Re: Contract Profit 03/25/2006 06:15 AM CST
The number of contracts you deliver or don't deliver plays no role on your profit. Most of that comes from what circle you are.

Which I think stinks really.

Because this trader gained all their experience/knowledge doing gem pouches, and one day decides to do contracts at 50th circle, they are still going to be on par with the same 50th circle trader who has been doing contracts since 1st circle. And vice versa, if the contract trader went to sell gems, it doesn't matter how much experience in trading was gained doing that job, it all acts the same.

If I had a change-the-way-the-world-works wand, I would use it to change Trading into a less generic skill. Item Trade (bundles, pawning, gems), Zoluren Trade, Therengia Trade, Ilithi Trade, Interprovince Trade, and Market Trade (to include Auction experience). Next I'd point my wand at horses...

Gidske