Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 10:50 AM CDT
Does anyone know about the Fur Packing Crate from SteelClaw Clan? You can put it in your box on the caravan, if you have one.. I don't. You can't stow it on your person, you can't put it in the vault.. I'm working on a theory that if you fill it up with "furs" that I can give it back to the clerk in Steelclaw, but I'm not sure that will work. A little help would be helpful. Dang thing is bulky and doesn't match my outfit!

Vanity Phaire, Trader/Scrounger
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 10:52 AM CDT
if you fill it up with skins and what not you can get a clerk to close it up then you can sell it to the furrier.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 11:43 AM CDT
>if you fill it up with skins and what not you can get a clerk to close it up then you can sell it to the furrier.

you can also get the clerk to load it on your caravan.
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 11:55 AM CDT
>You can't stow it on your person, you can't put it in the vault..

You have to literally carry the dang box, in your hands, with you wherever you go. One of the problems (I perceive it to be a problem) with fur crates.

So drop it in front of a clerk, close the lid, the'll wrap it up and put it on your caravan, and give you a packing list which you take to a tanner and sell.

Gidske
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 02:52 PM CDT
Tremagis doesn't know what to do with my packing slip... And neither do I. He's the only furrier I know of in Shard.. am I missing something?
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 02:54 PM CDT
And neither does Froissart..
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 03:01 PM CDT
Ok, the caravan with the crate on it has to be parked outside the Tannery, then give them the slip

Gidske
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 03:08 PM CDT
[Prairie, Secluded Building]
Weathered to the soft gold hues of its surroundings, a wood-framed building stands behind a screen of graceful bluestem and plumegrasses. The stately prairie denizens dapple the building with a mosaic of moving shadows. To the southwest is the towering silhouette of a wayward pine tree, almost obscuring the cottage tucked against its base. You also see an oxen drawn caravan with some stuff on it.
Obvious paths: southwest.

You tap a fur packing list that you are holding.

You tell the driver to give you an inventory report for your oxen drawn caravan.

You have:
A sturdy crate from Darkling Wood and destined for Fayrin's Rest.
A fur packing crate.

[Froissart's Tannery, The Supply Room]
The supply room projects an air of quiet efficiency when Froissart is away and hectic activity when he's present. Bottles, paper patterns, and tools stand neatly arranged on shelves that line the room behind a polished wooden counter. Placed squarely in the center of the counter is a vellum catalog. You also see Journeyman Froissart.
Obvious exits: out.
>give list
You can't give it to someone who's not here.
>give list to Froissart
Journeyman Froissart ignores your offer.
>give packing list to Froissart
Journeyman Froissart ignores your offer.
>ask Froissart about list
Froissart says, "I'll ask Orphinea about that as soon as she gets back," and smiles at you benignly.
>out
[Prairie, Secluded Building]
Weathered to the soft gold hues of its surroundings, a wood-framed building stands behind a screen of graceful bluestem and plumegrasses. The stately prairie denizens dapple the building with a mosaic of moving shadows. To the southwest is the towering silhouette of a wayward pine tree, almost obscuring the cottage tucked against its base. You also see an oxen drawn caravan with some stuff on it.
Obvious paths: southwest.
>sw
[Prairie, A Large Clearing]
Looming overhead, a wayward pine tree spreads heavy branches over this verdant clearing, its benevolent presence offering a fragrant shelter from the elements. Weaving across the area is a narrow path that leads to a neat cottage veiled with goldenbell vines, the doorway framed by clay planters clustered with flowers and herbs. You also see a trampled path.
Obvious paths: northeast.
>
Your oxen drawn caravan arrives from the northeast, following you.
>go cott
[Tremagis's Furs, Showroom]
The acrid scent of curing vats and tallow reeks in the air here, a heavenly perfume to people like Tremagis, who runs the commercial furmongering in Shard from his workshop in the next room over. Trophies of his handiwork in the form of stretched, soft doeskin and stiff worked fur shells hang on the walls, all but covering them. You also see a wooden door.
Obvious exits: south.
>give list
>give list to clerk
>s
>
[Tremagis's Furs, Furmongering]
Stacks of cured hides and the stench of uncured ones fills this small back room. Tremagis, the furrier who runs this establishment, growls and grumbles as the local trappers and hunters arrive with their furs to exchange for coins.
Obvious exits: north.
>give list
>give list to trem
Tremagis ignores your offer.
>give packing list to Tremagis
Tremagis ignores your offer.
>ask tremagis about packing list
Tremagis smiles at you and says, "All I know about are skins Vanitie. If you want me to look at one, I'd be happy to appraise it for you."

They don't seem to want the list!
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 03:45 PM CDT
Try sell list?
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 04:01 PM CDT
Ditto, AYEESHA

Just sell the list. Use Speculate Finesse first, it helps get more for your money.

Gidske

Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 05:59 PM CDT
sell list worked. Thanks for all your help. Speculate finesse is another post. I don't know how to do that either. heh

Vanitie, Lost scrounger in Shard
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/16/2005 10:42 PM CDT
And You can put the crate in your vault. I have at least one in there right now.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Re: Fur Packing Crate 09/17/2005 07:41 AM CDT
I couldn't.. But maybe it was full! Gasp Might be time for a vault sale.