Re: A Looping Zoluren Trade Script <Simple> 06/08/2005 05:04 AM CDT
O.o

People sell scripts?...wait. People BUY scripts?!?!

Oh well. I got a few old and new scripts from trader friends which I used and now I compiled and modified it all into one easy to use script. :)

I actually enjoy making my own complicated scripts that no one else wants because it requires player input at various stages of the script ::G::

I'm too paranoid about getting distracted to have a looping trading script that goes on and on.

D-E-P-A-R-T is very easy to spell. You should try it sometime.
Re: A Looping Zoluren Trade Script <Simple> - Plus Looping Ip Link.. 07/31/2005 05:37 PM CDT
while i do like to use a trading script i do believe that evryone should be at there computer when using it, there now that thats said i do use a trading script that i found and heavily modified although it only runs contracts one at a time it works well. i however have come up with a way to build a trading script that would handle multiple contracts intelegently without traveling extra distances problem is it would take me too long to build because im looking at a few million lines of code but if i do ever build it ill post a link too it. but please if you run a trading script please watch it try to pay attention of whats going on those traders that run trading scripts afk give good traders a bad name.
Re: A Looping Zoluren Trade Script <Simple> - Plus Looping Ip Link.. 07/31/2005 05:42 PM CDT
Get a good front end and you can do things like this and do a zoluren script with probably less than 200 lines not including travel

Action setvariable Cost_of_Goods $1 when owed to this guild, for a total of (\d+)
Action SetVariable Gross_Profit $1 when these goods are currently worth (\d+)

Action math Contracts_to_Fay add 1 when The guild office at Fayrin's Rest
Action math Contracts_to_SCC add 1 when The guild office at Steelclaw Clan
Action math Contracts_to_Shard add 1 when The guild office at Shard
Action math Contracts_to_Darkling add 1 when The guild office at Darkling Wood
Action math Total_Contracts add 1 when The minister plucks a contract from the hands of a passing clerk and hands it to you

############################################# Business_sub

Business_sub:
Turn_In:
put get %location cont from my case
match Got_contract You get a
match not_contract What were you referring to
matchwait

Got_contract:
pause
put give clerk
waitfor your
pause
goto Turn_In

Not_Contract:
pause
put pay clerk
waitfor dues

if "%location" = Shard then move east
if "%location" = Shard then move go ebonwood door

if "%getnew" = "on" then put ask minister for contract

if "%location" = Shard then move out
if "%location" = Shard then move west

pause
put give clerk
waitfor your
pause
put pay clerk
waitfor dues
pause
put read my cont
pause 5

gosub Math_Sub

Return

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others." ~~ G.O.

Re: A Looping Zoluren Trade Script <Simple> - Plus Looping Ip Link.. 08/15/2005 12:07 AM CDT
If I can ever design my own script that works, I'd pass it along for free. Trouble is I use Wizard, on a Macintosh. And with the timer in-game, no script I come up with seems to work fast enough to defeat that timer. And it's not like I script afk. I wish that timer would be eliminated for those willing to script while watching... I mean come on, I thought GMs watch that activity? I'd like to be able to make a decent in-game living without ruining my hands with repetetive key strokes....

...any suggestions?
Re: A Looping Zoluren Trade Script <Simple> - Plus Looping Ip Link.. 08/15/2005 12:21 AM CDT
well, if its just avoiding keystrokes, I don't know anything about macintosh, but for wizard if you make command scripts you can have them just go outpost to outpost.

for instance, rather than having a loop, you could try just having scripts to go to the individual outposts

To give you an idea what i mean, this is my script to go to arthe dale <with a caravan>. It works from the caravansary, from anyplace on the regular trading route, and from the streets of the crossing that are normally part of where the caravans lead.

#TRArthe

put Tell car to go fast
put tell car to lead to arthe dale

waitfor having arrived at its destination
pause 2
put tell car to follow
pause 2
move go gate
waitfor following you
move n
waitfor following you
move n
waitfor following you
move n
waitfor following you
move n
waitfor following you
move w
waitfor following you
move go door
move go door

Contracts:
pause 2
put get arthe contr
put give clerk
match Done What were you referring to?
match Done A shipment clerk ignores your offer
match Contracts The shipment clerk accepts
matchwait

Done:
echo ** thats all the contracts for this outpost *
end

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: A Looping Zoluren Trade Script <Simple> - Plus Looping Ip Link.. 08/15/2005 02:18 AM CDT
The Wizard script i use is posted at

http://www.geocities.com/drcaravan/scripts/z.txt

It's only good for getting youand your caravan from the outpost to the next -- doesn't feed your caravans nor does it decide where to go. (i usually just forage and feed the caravan while i'm being dragged to the outposts out the NE gate of the crossing.) Hope it's helpful.

-Sleus
Re: A Looping Zoluren Trade Script <Simple> - Plus Looping Ip Link.. 08/15/2005 04:25 PM CDT
I've been working lately on a trading script. Starts or restarts from any outpost and handles all the trading. It also trains perception, mech, and appraisal while on the routes. Even keeps a record of all your contracts for you. Cost, Dues, Fees, Gross, Net, Weight, and Number of and Type of items being transported. Logging them to a separte window for recording to a file. In a word, its Great! <Sorry, flashback to Tony the Tiger>

Unfortunatly though I use Genie, and since Genie allows for Triggers, the script uses them heavily. I don't know if they would work in Stormfront, but I'm sure they won't with the Wizard. Anyway, I'd suggest switching to Genie, since I posted the script, or at least a recent version of it there in the forums, but is really a matter of preference.

Mole
Re: A Looping Zoluren Trade Script <Simple> - Plus Looping Ip Link.. 08/28/2005 02:51 PM CDT
ARDUOUS2, there's a way you can take out the script timer on the Mac wizard using ResEdit. I got the information from YAMCER@play.net so throw him a thank you, not me :)

1) Download ResEdit at:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/417
2) Make a copy of the 68k version of your wizard
3) Open up ResEdit, and then open the copy of your wizard from within ResEdit.
4) Open the CODE resources (double-clicking should do).
5) Open CODE 1 (double-clicking should do).
6) Choose find hex from one of the menus.
7) Look for the hex string: 631A
It should be at about offset 2B526 depending on the version of the web wizard.
9) change it to 601A