Nice... 09/12/2005 06:11 AM CDT
Found this in the Thieves folder -- perhaps there is something IG that we would like to do...

Inspired by Elec's thread, a few of us set out to rob traders on the NTR. A friend of ours who plays a dark paladin, decided to join up and conspire with the thieves. We would wait in hiding, and when one would come along, our dark paladin would halt them before they could run through the room and the two thieves would commence emptying their pockets. Most of the traders reacted in the way we expected, reported us to the clerk and gwethed warnings to other traders. We accepted any in-game consequences for this, including thuggings, deaths, and one very angry mob of Crossing citizens. But one trader in particular, Tadaor, decided to take it to the next level by assisting and reporting our dark paladin to the GMs.

I agree, it's not fun to be halted and robbed. Some people may think it's cheating, some people (probably thieves ;)) may consider it fair game. But I think most all of us can agree it's within policy.

To me, this seemed like great fun and roleplay. It's always nice to see people try a new way of playing like going
against their guild norms, it shows imagination and creativity. Not all empaths have to heal people with a smile, not all bards have to drink a lot and sing, and not all paladins have to help and protect people.

I'm really dissapointed that this person went to such lengths as to report a perfectly in-character, within policy way of playing while others were able to roleplay it out. I am even more dissapointed that the GMs even considered his complaint. I suppose my point is I feel as though it's getting harder and harder to play as a thief (or any guild) who actively steals and goes against the 'law' without people whining to the GMs every other week. I am encouraging opinions on this, and I am still very open to other suggestions on how to roleplay my thief (without getting locked out).

-Berrhin

Player of:
Adzul the Cleric
Linus the Empath
Ignatius the Cleric
Ocatvius the Trader
Re: Nice... 09/12/2005 07:28 AM CDT
Just to throw in my two cents for the heck of it.. I don't believe pointing and stealing is a very IC thing. There are many other ways to try to RP and get the trader out of hiding. Ask for a class.. ask to see something the trader has... etc etc. There's my two cents and umm I'll see bout gettin it back from ya'll later ;)

Life is a game and you were put here to entertain me.

It's in the Bag! http://skyela.cjb.cc