I'm a Book Thief! 05/22/2004 03:37 AM CDT
>e
[Traders' Guild, Main Hall]
Not a hint of opulence is betrayed by the modest facade of the Traders' Guild Hall. Yet opulence indeed there is within, to what some might call an excessive degree. Displays of prosperity surround you, from the marble columns to the frescoed ceiling depicting the god Kertigen. You also see a guild butler, the entrance to Moot Room's foyer, a carved door, the entrance to Auction Hall's foyer, an ornate gold stand with a guild register on it, and a winding stair.
Obvious exits: west, out.
>out

[The Crossing, Bank Street]
You stand at the entrance to the Traders' Guildhall, an understated, elegant structure with carved wooden doors, stout brick chimneys, tiled gables, pargetted decorations and leaded glass windows. The door that leads inside is guarded by an officious concierge. Due west along this busy street is the Crossing's Guard House, and east is the Moneylender, a financial institution for merchants great and small all over Elanthia.
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

>glance
>
You glance down to see a small blue-and-gold volume entitled "A Trader's Guide to Common Courtesy" in your right hand and a smart leatherbound quarto entitled "Trader Novice Guide Book" in your left hand.

Library Robber Pataca.
Re: I'm a Book Thief! 05/22/2004 08:48 AM CDT
better report and hand it back ASAP. It was not meant to be a prize and kept. Long ago some stole books and were using them to study lore. never mind long ago... Give book back to ZGM to anchor in room.
Re: I'm a Book Thief! 05/22/2004 10:01 AM CDT
I would give them back ASAP. I have never tested it but the book mechanics on a free roaming book could be abused in a big way.

http://www.drtraders.net/gallery
http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: I'm a Book Thief! 05/22/2004 06:44 PM CDT
The books already disappear after a couple minutes of them leaving the room. I was just testing them a little bit before I sent in the bug report. If I could access DR2, I'd probably do some more dangerous stuff like try to read a book in combat.

>app book

(ASK <Cormyn> TO APPRAISE <book> to get a sales price.)

A book is a priceless treasure!
>ask corm to app book

Cormyn shakes his head and says, "A smart leatherbound quarto entitled "Trader Novice Guide Book" isn't worth my time."

Books are both priceless and worthless...

Pataca.
Re: I'm a Book Thief! 05/23/2004 12:13 PM CDT
>Books are both priceless and worthless...

Immagine trying to pawn the hope diamond at the local pawnshop

it's "not worth thier time" because it is so expensive (and unique).

"Friends don't let their friends buy Micro$oft."