QoL suggestion for Crystal Dart aura cost mitigation effect 06/28/2020 11:37 AM CDT
Is it possible to have the aura-cost mitigation that happens with minimum prep casts during a 2-minute window after a cast to also include spells cast with 1 mana above minimum prep as well? This would be specifically because fighting undead/cursed creatures requires minimum prep +1 mana to bypass their resistance.
Re: QoL suggestion for Crystal Dart aura cost mitigation effect 06/29/2020 01:03 AM CDT
This kind of exists. The amount of mana you can put into CRD without spending aura is based on the integrity of the spell when you created the cloud. And a higher integrity cast will replace a lower integrity cloud.

From http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Traders/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/321

>>2) Better scaling! The residue cloud now has a density directly related to the Integrity of the cast that created it. The more dense/higher integrity the cloud has, the more mana you can stuff into Crystal Dart without having to spend aura in adverse conditions. This isn't a 1:1 calculation between Potency and Integrity, but it's pretty generous in my opinion.

>>Like before, you only default to the cloud if the only other option is to spend aura. Unlike before, a higher Integrity cast will override an existing cloud without making you wait until the existing one is gone.

ā€œIā€™m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.ā€
Re: QoL suggestion for Crystal Dart aura cost mitigation effect 06/29/2020 01:20 AM CDT
Ah, cool. Thanks! Nothing was on the wiki page for the spell indicating that integrity had anything to do with it. I'll have to play around with what spell stance I'm comfortable using.