Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/17/2018 10:48 AM CST
I'm watching all these gweths for Corn Maze Pass bids and asks and had an idea for next year - could a flag be added them, similar to horses, whereby they can only be transferred from one character to another by a Trader of sufficient skill?

The advantages to this as I see them being:
1. Traders get some experience from the transaction
2. Traders have an opportunity to be a little bit more Trader-y, in the sense that they can try to play the bid-ask spread for profit (ex: I'm a Trader. I buy passes early on in the Fest at price X, hoping to sell them at higher price Y, but also balancing that against the fact that at the end of the Fest they will be worthless, so there's still a degree of market efficiency.)
3. Just general increased player interactions and dynamics?

Just a thought - very open to hearing dissenting opinions as well!
Re: Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/17/2018 01:30 PM CST
No.
Re: Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/18/2018 07:18 AM CST
>>No.

This. All your "benefits" are only benefits to the trader.
Re: Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/18/2018 10:49 AM CST
To expand: The people mostly doing this stupid scam/trading on passes either already have 4-5 'trader alts' (HI Plix, I'm sorry I mean Puug), or would simply create them.
Re: Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/18/2018 11:17 AM CST
>>All your "benefits" are only benefits to the trader.

Well, sure, I mean it is the Trader suggestions folder.

And the way I'm thinking about it, it's not a strict benefit to Traders - you're giving them a risky investment opportunity, with an expiration date, and not a guaranteed riskless return.

But listen I understand the pushback and that this would add a hurdle to non-Traders who have to track down a Trader - was just trying to envision a more interesting market dynamic that puts Traders at the center of commerce (which would be lore-consistent, I'd think?).
Re: Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/18/2018 02:10 PM CST
Umm limited, restricted, expiration time?? We are talking about corn maze passes right? You do know they roll over from year to year? I still had mine from last year on my main who was the one to claim them.

And yes, I'm against making it trader only. Granted I do have more than 1 paid acct & each 1 has a trader on it so not like its gonna affect me any. Still no to trader only on a non time restricted item.
Re: Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/18/2018 02:38 PM CST
>>You do know they roll over from year to year?

Ah, so to be honest I didn't know that - I figured they expired. Didn't even think to ask because I never would have expected that. That they don't is interesting, and I'd certainly agree it defeats the purpose of the core idea.
Re: Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/18/2018 03:11 PM CST
Yeah, it sort of does but then again Duskruin & umm Su Helmas (not sure on su ticks) also roll over. I would hazard a guess its because they can be bought for RL money & some folks might get a lil peeved if they lose money due to expiration.

But then again, hey what do I know :)
Re: Require Trader to Sell Corn Maze Passes 11/18/2018 07:12 PM CST
Sometimes RL stuff comes up. Passes should not expire. Traders should not be involved. Let's forget this entire thread even happened.