Suggestions from a Non-Trader 09/04/2016 01:50 AM CDT
Suggestion #1:

I've found sometimes when perusing wares in trader-owned shops that I have no idea what something does, yet it's priced very high. Nor can you test our verbs of items. As such:

Allow a TRADER'S NOTES section when you look at the shop description of an item in a trader-owned shop. This section allows a trader to input their own comments. You can describe the (alleged) powers of the item, its origin, or any associated verbs.

Suggestion #2:

I wish there was a way that non-traders could go up to a trader's market tent and submit an item they wish that trader to sell on their behalf. The trader has a commission percentage they charge for putting items on their tables, and the non-trader proposes the price they wish to sell the item for. When the item is submitted it is temporarily held until the trader can review the proposal. If the trader approves then they will put the item on the table. When the item is sold, the trader automatically gets his cut and the rest of the profit is held at the table (or town hall or somewhere else) until the non-trader can pick it up.

In a perfect world this type of interaction would all be RP'd but nonetheless I think this might encourage others to participate in the economy.
Re: Suggestions from a Non-Trader 09/04/2016 03:57 AM CDT
<<Suggestion #1:

We do have this capability currently... but the notecard takes up an extra slot on the table, so most traders don't use them except for things like an overview of everything on the table, or notes about backstock or crafting capability.

Having a note on each item would be nice, but I suspect that it would be pretty resource intensive.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Suggestions from a Non-Trader 09/04/2016 06:43 AM CDT
It'd be cool if there were boards in trader shops that could be written on. Also, maybe a way other characters could leave notes for the shop owners.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade