mining 05/28/2016 06:56 PM CDT

I have been doing tons of mining prior to becoming a trader. After I assumed that the nuggets and what not I mined up when sold to the appraiser might teach me a bit of trading. Is there a place to sell this stuff that will that I'm not thinking about like the commodity area or is this something we might want to shift about a bit. I'm not truly wanting to lead a caravan around and am seeking other options.

thanks for feedback and flames
Re: mining 05/28/2016 07:56 PM CDT
I'm not aware of anywhere that will accept raw nuggets for Trading experience if you're not getting it at the gem shop.

I did some testing a while back and the ways to learn low level Trading are as follows. This is in order of most to least learning.

1) Sell branches to Mags until she will not accept any more from you. You can give full containers of branches to her with GIVE <container> TO MAGS as long as the container only has sticks or branches in it. (GIVE MAGS will not work.)
2) Do tasks, particularly foraging tasks. Mags gives these out but some others may too. ASK MAGS FOR TASK. A few other tasks will train Trading but they tend to be both harder to complete and given by NPCs who also ask you to do non-Trading tasks. Also note that the exp and money from tasks is diminishing over time. Do some, perhaps up to a dozen, and then give it a rest for a while.
3) Run commodities, do work orders, pawn critter loot, or run routes. Overall these taught about the same but there was some variability.
4) Always sell your own bundles of skins from hunting, though this teaches worst of all at low levels.

As for your nuggets, you could always smelt them together and make something out of them via Forging to turn in for work orders.

- Navesi