Trader Fight Club 10/07/2010 08:20 PM CDT
I’m not sure whether anyone will remember by this point, but way way back in the day I used to run a Trader fighting tournament type thingy. It wasn’t really a “tournament” where everyone has to meet at a specific time in order to fight – more like a league where each person was supposed to spar everyone else in the league once at their own convenience, and e-mail me the results.

We had Traders of a wide range of levels and combat prowess, but it was a lot of fun for everyone involved from what I could tell. It’s a good way to get to meet other Traders you might not have ever ran into before, and also some great motivation to get out there and train some combats on your Trader. I’m going to try to run the same type of thing soon once I get my old website back up so that I have a place to track the standings and results.

I already have a few Traders signed up that I’ve whispered about the idea, but I wanna get a bunch more so we can have a good spread of people at various skill levels like last time. That way there are always a few really lopsided matchups, but everyone has a good number of relatively even matchups where they have a good chance to win. So anyone that’s interested, please either post here, or contact me in the game, or IM me at homer3142, or even e-mail me at homer3142(at yahoo dot com).

Rules of combat:

- Fights are done using the standard Challenge to the Pain. First person unconscious loses. In the unlikely event of an accidental death, the winner is responsible for helping the loser obtain aid
- Fights have a maximum time length of 15 minutes (as timed by the participants and/or a neutral observer). If no one has won after 15 minutes, the duel is considered a Draw (and yes we actually did have several draws last time – being weapons tertiary without any disablers kinda sucks for killing people)
- No outside buffs cast by players of other guilds are allowed
- Hiding is allowed, but so is using the Watch command.
- Retreating is not allowed, UNLESS your opponent is stunned (note: speculate coin stuns DO count)
- “Performance enhancing drugs” such as constellation jewelry, thug powders, etc, ARE allowed and highly encouraged! As long as it’s an item that you can spend your money on and then carry around to use whenever you feel like it, then this is sadly the closest thing Traders have to an actual combat ability so I say it’s only fair to use in PVP

Details on how it will be set up:

- Depending on how many people are interested, I’d like to do something like having smaller divisions where you fight each person in your division once and people with the best records move on to a playoff
- Also depending in how many people we get, I’d like to do something where the person with the best record from each province (actual citizenship required to qualify) automatically makes the playoffs, to give it more of a Kaith Kirm feel
- There is no scheduled time for fights to occur – participants are just supposed to find the other participants in their division and spar at a time/location that is convenient for the two of you. Whenever a fight is finished, just send me an e-mail with the results (preferably from both participants, just for verification purposes)
- There is no scheduled time for the playoffs to start, just whenever all the regular season spars are completed. There will probably be some sort of deadline of “must complete X duels per week” to keep things moving along, but it will be pretty lenient for people who aren’t on every day (probably something like X=1)

Apu