Re-Release: Speculate Coin Ability 01/10/2013 12:10 AM CST
Heyas folks.

I've just put in the updated version of SPECULATE COIN into DR:Test. Its core function remains the same: it has a chance to stun your target. This will be released live with X3 arrives. I'll put it into Plat after a few days of monitoring in Test. Here's a quick rundown:

1) It now runs through a central "special attack" utility. All the math that determines whether you hit something or not is done by this utility rather than being custom figured. You may find you are more/less effective than before, though that stands as a general issue in X3.

2) The ability is still based primarily on your Light Thrown skill. Trading, to a much lesser extent, can influence the ability.

3) You can still target players or creatures. It will now default to whatever you're facing (or auto-face the next if you're not currently facing anything) if you don't specify a target. You can also specify a target if you want:
>SPECULATE COIN
>SPECULATE COIN GREEN GOBLIN
>SPECULATE COIN THIRD GOBLIN
>etc

4) The ability now has a base roundtime of 6 seconds, which at the lower end is longer than some of the stuns. This RT can be reduced to 1 by raising your skill.

5) There's a small timer between uses so that you can't spam it. This existed before, but has been reduced.

6) A single target can only be stunned 3 times by this ability within a set time period. It's not 3 stuns per trader, it's 3 stuns period.

We'll be keeping an eye on things. This can be a powerful ability, and griefing won't be tolerated. You CAN be blocked from using the ability if you abuse it.

Give it a whirl and see how things go. If you notice any oddities with it, please let me know.

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate