Workorders 10/12/2020 08:49 AM CDT
Are they on track for Trading experience? I do a round of blacksmithing, tailoring, and shaping but while the trade skills are generally locked at the end of this, Trading isn't at all. Does this just get better with time or does it need tweaking? Still pretty low, around 25th circle with craft skills a little past Trading skill.
Re: Workorders 10/13/2020 08:51 PM CDT
Trading experience from work orders is based on the difficulty tier of the items you're turning in, and how many items you're turning in. The number of items scales linearly, so turning in three 2 item work orders will get you the same experience as turning in one 6 item work order.

If you haven't picked up any techniques yet, doing so will let you make items of one difficulty tier higher and allow you to turn in hard work orders.

If you're already doing that, then you could try doing your shaping and tailoring crafting while running a caravan, and fit in some blacksmithing while your caravan is traveling along a long route.

ā€œIā€™m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.ā€
Re: Workorders 10/20/2020 02:41 AM CDT
There is no direct relationship between crafting exp and trading exp.

For one example, I have found that weaponsmithing items take more actions/time/give more exp than blacksmithing items, but the trading exp calculation doesn't care. So, while it's plausible that it takes 6-7 items to lock Forging, it might take 4-5 weaponsmithing items, which means losing about 30% of Trading exp.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear