Mech Lore is my highest skill now 03/04/2011 01:52 AM CST
When I came back to DR in July 2010, Trading was my highest skill by a margin of over 250 ranks. I've only been back playing for 8 months, and my Mech Lore skill has already caught up and surpassed Trading (since Trading sits at 0/34 Clear for probably 90% of the time). This is despite having a near monopoly on the Rossman's gemshop and using 2 full Level 4 RPAs to boost my trading experience by +66% whenever I have actually traded contracts. Everyone knows Trading is a brutal skill to train, but I thought I'd throw some stats out there to illustrate just how terrible the skill is and how badly the exp needs to be increased

Is there any way trading can get looked at similarly to how Empathy experience got buffed for Empaths? I can't even imagine what I'd do if I was a new Trader and didn't already have 900 ranks from back in the day when it was a ton easier to learn (with way more people playing the game there were far more gemshop customers to learn trading from). Anyways, it sure would be nice if the skill that we need 8 ranks per circle was actually possible to train without devoting your entire day to scripting contracts. Buff plz

Apu
Re: Mech Lore is my highest skill now 04/07/2011 10:23 AM CDT
Apparently you missed the recent changes to contract trading experience.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Mech Lore is my highest skill now 04/08/2011 05:58 AM CDT
>Apparently you missed the recent changes to contract trading experience.

I'm pretty sure that the time of this post was a couple days before the Trading tweaks.

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Mech Lore is my highest skill now 04/08/2011 09:47 AM CDT
>>I'm pretty sure that the time of this post was a couple days before the Trading tweaks.

Yeah my original post was well before there were any changes (or even hints about upcoming changes) for Trading exp, but there is also a missing post #1598 that appears to be deleted, so I dunno if he was actually referring to what I had typed

Apu
Re: Mech Lore is my highest skill now 04/08/2011 09:33 PM CDT
Yeah, there was a post after Apu's that I was responding to.

-Evran

Re: Mech Lore is my highest skill now 04/09/2011 04:22 AM CDT
That was me. I didn't even see your response before I deleted it. You must have posted at roughly the same time I deleted it. I deleted it because it came off as way more whiny and confrontational than I intended, and I didn't want to belittle the great work Socharis has done with the guild over the last year or so. I still think trading is the worst skill to train(although having a mid circle Barbarian who hunts skinnable creatures helped with the boost to bundle selling exp; I went from 0/34 to 32/34 by selling one full 200 skin Marbled Angiswaerd bundle for him on the circle one trader I made the other day, although given that they capped exp from pawning high priced items at low circles may even be unintentional) with the possible exception of backstab even with the changes, but I really had no place to complain too much since I've never had a Trader past circle 20 and ended up deleting the one I just made after one day of contract trading.

He's probably my top two favorite GMs and I didn't want to seem like I was coming across as some whiny Trader just because I can't bring myself to level one because trading exp is still so painful.
Re: Mech Lore is my highest skill now 04/09/2011 10:01 AM CDT
Yeah, I'm a bit of a forum junkie (hello understatement) and if I'm atk I usually post a reply within minutes if not seconds.

I'm also wierd, and love contract trading. I get a kick out of tracking profit margins and watching how the numbers rise. Spreadsheets are fun!

-Evran

Re: Mech Lore is my highest skill now 04/09/2011 10:23 AM CDT
>I'm also wierd, and love contract trading. I get a kick out of tracking profit margins and watching how the numbers rise. Spreadsheets are fun!

My preference is for squeezing every last copper out of gem pouches.

Naniaki

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear