How is this even possible? 09/24/2010 04:57 PM CDT
I was reserving judgement about the difficulty of learning trading at lower levels. Now, please, understand I am Platside so going to the bazaar to find a trader to teach is sort of moot point. I've already sold as much to mags as she would take, and also sell loot off louts, and bundles of rat pelts...

What occured today was a bit insane though.

I took a contract from Tiger to Wolf on a totally clear trading skill (Was my first delivery of the night). Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. My mind didn't move. Not even to dabbling (1/34). No additional pulse hitting me later. Nothing. How is this even possible? Should it be possible to earn absolutely no experience for delivering a contract in a timely fashion?

I'm thinking something on the low level end of things needs to be looked at, because if that's possible, it's going to be nearly impossible to circle.

And yes, I trade commods when I can, but the system in Plat right now is at it's height of the 'flaky' cycle supply/demand/costwise. :/
Re: How is this even possible? 09/25/2010 09:55 AM CDT
The only way to really move trading at low levels is to buy and sell diamonds, sometimes at a huge loss. The exp mechanic for running routes is broken at all levels, but particularly broken for low level traders.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: How is this even possible? 09/25/2010 10:44 AM CDT
Sometimes you have to wait a bit for the experience to show. It does help if you deliver a lot of contracts, though; That's what older traders mean by running contracts or running routes. But yes, those first few ranks are a royal pain!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: How is this even possible? 09/25/2010 01:08 PM CDT
Yeah, I know about the additional pulse that comes a bit later. However in this case, it simply didn't. For the next 15 minutes afterwards I kept checking for the 'extra' pulse.

Additionally I sold a tied bundle of rat pelts for 808 kronar last night, to try to get that last 5% I needed to circle to 6. Again, at a trading clear mindstate. Again, got absolutely no experience for doing so. Exp didn't move at all, and there was no 'extra' pulse which granted it to me. I don't know if this is an instance wide occurance, or Plat specific, but clearly something is a little weird here if it's now happened to me twice, while using different trading mechanics. Kind of hoping someone can look into this :)
Re: How is this even possible? 09/25/2010 01:50 PM CDT
Very odd. I did earn experience for running a few contracts down in Ilithi and selling a bundle of pelts. Would you like me to meet you in-game and see if we can figure out what's going on? There are a number of trader things Plat-side that are a little off, though I didn't think experience was one of them.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: How is this even possible? 09/25/2010 05:30 PM CDT
>There are a number of trader things Plat-side that are a little off, though I didn't think experience was one of them.

As I told the OP in plat, I had recently lost the exp from a decently sized gem pouch... no exp ever trickled in but I haven't seen it happen a lot.

Truly the most frustrating Plat side trader oddity is the Shop Status of the Plaza. Hope it will be fixed one day.

Rhas
Re: How is this even possible? 09/25/2010 06:53 PM CDT
You and me too, Rhas! Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on my trading experience. Contracts seem to work well for me, but I wouldn't recommend Ilithi trading for anyone not well able to handle the rockies and steeds. I have earned most of my trading experience in Zoluren, but that was some time back.

Re: How is this even possible? 09/26/2010 11:43 AM CDT
Well I'm betting that it has something to do with the low amount of the contracts, owing to her being low circle. Still, if that's the case, I would think something should be put in place to ensure that you get at least SOMETHING (however small) for running a contract. If I can move trading just by selling a 36 kronar jacket from louts in the pawn, you should be able to get a tiny amount of exp for contracts with minimal profit. It's slowly improving now that she's circle 7, thanks to a few classes with Rhas :)
Re: How is this even possible? 09/26/2010 12:07 PM CDT
I can give you some good news, then; My trading experience started moving far more quickly once I reached circle 10 and was able to get a caravan.

Re: How is this even possible? 09/26/2010 01:24 PM CDT
Yeah.... Contracts kinda suck. :(.

In other news I think I fixed the plat shop thingie.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: How is this even possible? 09/26/2010 01:32 PM CDT
>In other news I think I fixed the plat shop thingie.

Thanks, Socharis.

It indeed looked fixed early Sunday morning.

Rhas
Re: How is this even possible? 09/26/2010 02:26 PM CDT
Thanks, Socharis! I have some stuff to finish, but I'll take a peek shortly!