Learning trading. Is it even possible anymore? 02/27/2010 05:27 AM CST
since the latest reset crash, whathaveyou, the undead have been absent from plat, so i finally decided to take the yaks out for a run <this is in plat>.

My elf has the following stats:
Strength : 15 Reflex : 20
Agility : 20 Charisma : 20
Discipline : 19 Wisdom : 20
Intelligence : 20 Stamina : 16

Trading: 121 92.70% clear (0/34)

Circle 26.

She is a therengian citizen, so was doing the theren-muspar'i run.

I did NOT get trading about 2/34. Even when i had contracts from riverhaven to muspar'i.

Don't tell me bundles and gempouches. In plat these aren't really feasible at the hours I normally play. For instance, Right now there are 4 characters in the game.

When I was similar circle in prime, i traded with bags the same route, under the old experience, and learned a HECK of a lot better.

Someone Plaese look into this. Because between the undead infestations when you CAN'T trade without dying, or when they AREN'T around you can't learn.

-player of-

the world is broken
Re: Learning trading. Is it even possible anymore? 02/27/2010 07:43 AM CST
It's hard enough keeping trading going at low levels in Zoluren. It'd be impossible in Therengia. Unfortunately you're probably going to have to trade in Zoluren or Shard if you want to run routes to learn trading.
Re: Learning trading. Is it even possible anymore? 02/27/2010 01:40 PM CST
Back when I was still running contracts in Plat in Therengia, I noticed that the barge and sand barge rides tend to cause a lag in learning- especially trading learning. Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes I could run contracts to my heart's content and not have any trading experience showing- Then a little bit after I stop for the day I'm suddenly seeing numbers like 6/34 and 7/34, and I probably would see higher if I had run longer like I used to when I was saving to buy my boat. ;)

That being said, selling gem pouches- especially since the gem pouch change went in- seems to be the easiest way to get the higher mind states in training.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy