commodities 04/23/2008 09:13 PM CDT
i know how to run commodities and make money at it but my complaint is a lack of logic in the commodities system iv seen the outpost clean out of an item many times and have close to the bottom of its price range iv made an excel file with at least a hundred snap shots of the board to get a decent price range. it would stand to reason that as supply goes down the price would go up from what i can tell the price is almost random i don't actually believe its random but it doesn't make sense to me. another issue i have with commodities is storage i only know about crossing in this issue but there are only 20 available slots to store items in the warehouse on top of that to get all 20 is a plat and with the most potential profit being diamonds at a whopping 3 silver unless the prices are changing really fast storage is a rip off. one last issue i have with commodities is storage again but this time I'm wondering why we cant get the crate off the caravan pick it up and put it in our own vault I'm not sure if its changed but last time i pulled a crate off my caravan i couldn't move it and i had a hell of a time getting it back on my caravan.

that is all
medwardl
Re: commodities 04/23/2008 10:18 PM CDT
I asked Adera about Commodities in a Plat meeting. I'm under the impression that the system is nowhere near complete: For one thing, there are tons of places shown in the room description as commodity pits that have absolutely no function at all.

As for the price and supply thing, I agree that it seems a bit scrambled. So I think I'll hold onto the apples I bought until I'm sure what to do with them! ;)

The mind behind...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: commodities 04/23/2008 11:38 PM CDT
I'd just stable the caravan.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen