stealing 03/14/2007 08:50 PM CDT
Not sure if this is the right place to post this as it was my trader that this happened to.

I do not like the fact that when somebody points at me and then hides and I suddenly start feeling coins disappear that I can't accuse them when I know dam well who is doing it, pretty obvious when they point you out from hiding, even you didn't see them hide.
Re: stealing 03/14/2007 10:03 PM CDT
It's entirely possible for them to be pointing you out, for a friend who is stealing.

Secondly, you can always walk away (to a no-steal-room, a place the thief can't follow, hide and sneak away, etc.)

Thirdly, you can deposit your money so you have less than 3-silver on you, "magic" stealing barrier

Fourthly, "suddenly dissapearing" train your perception/trading and you'll at least know it's happening without needing to check wealth.

Lastly, Zeyrun is modifying the Justice System, which might address some of this, might be worth seeing what he pops out.

(I note I am a trader, and know all-to-well the pains of thieves, guilded and not, in this regard)....
Re: stealing 03/15/2007 05:36 AM CDT

<<Thirdly, you can deposit your money so you have less than 3-silver on you, "magic" stealing barrier>>

you need more than 3 silver sometimes to pay the ferry fare for heavily loaded caravans.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: stealing 03/16/2007 02:06 AM CDT
>>you need more than 3 silver sometimes to pay the ferry fare for heavily loaded caravans.<<

Now, I don't trade commods, but I can't say I've ever encountered this.

I do hear that being a citizen earns you free ferry fare, even as a trader, could be wrong on that point though. (Since I'm not a citizen)
Re: stealing 03/16/2007 05:25 AM CDT
I encounter it regularly. usual ferry fare is 375 -387 lirums or so. <trader is 70th circle>.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: stealing 03/16/2007 08:59 AM CDT
Citizenship in Crossing will get you free fare, but you still have to pay for your caravan: I shelled out a tidy sum before I got my boat.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Recourse for Thieves you catch stealing 08/02/2009 09:04 PM CDT
Turn into guard house, turn into trader outposts(think Ive heard that they send thugs after said thief and beat him nearly to death). Can also find a spouse that loves to kill people to fight your battles.
Re: Recourse for Thieves you catch stealing 08/02/2009 09:08 PM CDT
Thanks, and DOH. I found the thief folder and posted it there after deleting this post, but I guess I wasn't quick enough.
Re: Recourse for Thieves you catch stealing 08/02/2009 10:54 PM CDT
What is the verbage for turning Thieves into the trader outpost?
Re: Recourse for Thieves you catch stealing 08/03/2009 07:14 AM CDT
accuse <nameofpersonyoucaughtstealing>

in front of the trade clerk. <i don't think the minister - i'm not sure which one. most of the time they're in the same place though, except in the crossing and dirge outpost in zoluren, and the shard outpost in ilithi>

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Recourse for Thieves you catch stealing 08/16/2009 11:46 AM CDT
Have to say not being able to use this ability on anyone you catch stealing is a bit self-defeating. Thieves just sit outside the clerk's office in Crossing or steal on the ferry, so the ability seems to be practically useless, at least for me : //