Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Canvasing about Caravans! 03/27/2020 12:06 AM CDT
>As a general request, could people who are running contracts and who feel like sharing information let me know the following: Which province are you running contracts, approximately how much profit is generated from 1 hour of contract running (projected or actual), what is your trading/circle, and approximate time to lock Trading? Again, without promising anything, I am interested in gathering data to ascertain whether we should adjust some numbers.

Bit late to this party, as I was out while this was discussed. Reading back through these posts, the first thing that jumped out at me, was that doing contracts in P5 I have never once locked trading with my caravan. Neither before the route changes nor after. In fact, at this point I will only run contracts if I have a gem pouch to sell first, and have at least 3-4+ hours available to run routes afterwards. Without selling a pouch first, my trading experience will usually clear out between outposts no matter which route sequence I use. I haven't run contracts in a couple weeks now, but I'm pretty sure I was making between 3-5 plat dokora per hour on average. Will have to track this again the next time I have a chance to run routes. Wasn't running the routes for coin, so never really fully tracked the profit portion. This is with a circle 60 kaldar trader, 30 charisma, 325 trading.

-Master Ndin
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
Re: Canvasing about Caravans! 03/27/2020 02:04 PM CDT
When I came back in October of last year, I started in P5. I didn't keep trading locked but I did keep it going above concentrating. I was 102nd circle, upper 600's in trading. So I suspect you're outcome will be much better.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Canvasing about Caravans! 03/28/2020 07:45 AM CDT
Agreed with Sortney: As a 103 level trader, I didn't run contracts for quite an hour, but I did get to (10-35) in trading. I probably could have locked if I sold gem pouches and bundles, but I wanted to beat up a few critters.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Canvasing about Caravans! 03/28/2020 07:35 PM CDT

I think caravans are probably the worst thing about traders.. They are just a huge time sink for little to no gain. Now that you can just do work orders, I haven't taken my caravan out of storage in forever.

It would be nice if they could be turned into an extension of player owned shops. Have a few surfaces inside them, and the ability to buy gems/skins from people, and have your goods available for resale.. It would at least make them more relevant than they are now.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page