Trader's Guild Update - Caravans 10/16/2014 01:16 PM CDT
Hello,

A small update has been made to caravans!

Let the speculation begin! Join us in the "Traders --> Caravans and Beasts Of Burden" folder to discuss what it could mean and what you'd like to see!

Players can now obtain bundling ropes and gem pouches from Trader caravans. The owner of the caravan must be in the same room.

>ask caravan for gem pouch
A Trader's Guild gemologist hands you an indigo gem pouch.

>ask caravan for bund rope
A Trader's Guild furrier says, "Sure, I have a piece here you can have for free."
A Trader's Guild furrier hands you a rope.

If all goes well, this update will be made live in The Fallen later this week.

/salute

-Ssra

"You will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable."
Re: Trader's Guild Update - Caravans 10/16/2014 03:34 PM CDT
Very nice!

Traveling gem pouch/bundle selling?
Re: Trader's Guild Update - Caravans 10/16/2014 03:52 PM CDT
Or should I more accurately say "traveling gem pouch/bundle buying"?
Re: Trader's Guild Update - Caravans 10/16/2014 07:10 PM CDT
>>Or should I more accurately say "traveling gem pouch/bundle buying"?

That's certainly an interesting idea. What kind of services can (or should) you and your caravans provide?

/salute

-Ssra

"You will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable."
Re: Trader's Guild Update - Caravans 10/16/2014 07:33 PM CDT
Allowing non-traders to sell tied gem pouches and bundles would be a nice start.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Trader's Guild Update - Caravans 10/16/2014 07:37 PM CDT
Table trading/selling:

Never know where you might meet customer(s) on the routes.

Forging or other crafting surfaces:

Again never know where you might meet customer(s) on the routes. Or you could rent it out to those crafter's who don't want to use the town society buildings (rangers etc).

Note: If you bought the turntable, etc at the guild festival, you would have the scales we can weigh items for people (portable Mama's), we have the pyramids for drying herbs, and we have the portable bucket for destroying items no one wants.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Trader's Guild Update - Caravans 10/18/2014 02:16 PM CDT
>Allowing non-traders to sell tied gem pouches and bundles would be a nice start.

At least in TF and plat...

>Sortny/Braunwen's ideas

All awesome ideas.

Also, if caravans could hold a significant hunting haul, that would be great too. If a trader goes hunting with their caravan, they should be able to just keep tossing bundles and boxes in the back of the caravan.
Re: Trader's Guild Update - Caravans 10/20/2014 01:29 PM CDT
>>Note: If you bought the turntable, etc at the guild festival, you would have the scales we can weigh items for people (portable Mama's), we have the pyramids for drying herbs, and we have the portable bucket for destroying items no one wants.

you could of also got the version with a tray

You slowly spin the wooden shelf, hiding a wide tray from view and revealing a bucket of viscous gloop.
You slowly spin the wooden shelf, hiding a bucket of viscous gloop from view and revealing a small sturdy scale.
You slowly spin the wooden shelf, hiding a small sturdy scale from view and revealing a Wayerd pyramid.
You slowly spin the wooden shelf, hiding a Wayerd pyramid from view and revealing a wide tray.

While really far-fetched, i think if we could add an anvil to it that would be crazy awesome. Otherwise the other crazy idea of having an actual "traders table" to hold 20 items that people could buy from as you pass by is crazy awesome also.