Confused 06/20/2013 04:17 PM CDT
I'm a bit confused, so please apologize my uncertainty, but is this how my caravan is supposed to look?

This part looks correct
>>You also see a purple tinker's caravan covered in an assortment of utensils with a couple of things on it and some massive iron doors.

All of my furniture seems to be intact:

>ask min about furn
The commerce minister pulls a piece of parchment from a ledger and holds it up for you to review...

# | Size | Type | Item

1 | medium | object | a rich black cashmere armchair
2 | large | object | a rich black cashmere sofa
3 | medium | object | an opened armor polishing kit
4 | small | object | a pile of wood shavings
5 | small | object | a deck of tattered cards
6 | large | container | a deobar table inlaid with tiny bronze coins
7 | small | object | a trio of half-burned candles
8 | small | object | a mud-stained mat with layers of grime stomped into it
9 | n/a | door | a lemonwood door carved with coins
10 | medium | object | a broken crate with a stained and ripped cushion on top
11 | medium | object | a bedraggled pile of blankets matted with cat fur

But when I'm in the caravan should it look like this?:

Caravan, Interior]
Broken crates and barrels line the walls, some cushioned to provide an uneasy seat while the caravan is in motion. A bedraggled pile of blankets at the far end is matted with cat fur, though the animal is not in sight. A window next to the door has been inadequately boarded up, enabling some view of the outside. There is a distinct odor of rotting fruit wafting through the air.
Obvious exits: none.
Placed around the interior, you see: some furniture and other bits of interest.

I can't see the furniture or anything else when I'm in my own caravan? It won't let me look at anything or whatnot. Also, I did sign up at the fest to make sure that my interior was updated to the new mechanics or whatnot even though I just bought it.

Mmmmm...pie
Re: Confused 06/20/2013 04:21 PM CDT
Type STUDY ROOM while inside the caravan.
Re: Confused 06/21/2013 04:49 AM CDT
Look furniture and then you can TAP the individual pieces to show them or not.
Re: Confused 06/21/2013 10:45 AM CDT
>Caravan, Interior]
>Broken crates and barrels line the walls, some cushioned to provide an uneasy seat while the caravan is in motion. A bedraggled pile of blankets at the far end is matted with cat fur, though the animal is not in sight. A window next to the door has been inadequately boarded up, enabling some view of the outside. There is a distinct odor of rotting fruit wafting through the air.
>Obvious exits: none.
>Placed around the interior, you see: some furniture and other bits of interest.

That last line. You can LOOK FURNITURE to see the other stuff, and you can TAP it to hide/unhide it.

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Confused 06/21/2013 11:32 AM CDT

Zad, as a suggestion, could furniture default to turned on? Seems counter intuitive the way it is now.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Confused 06/21/2013 11:52 AM CDT
My concern was walking into a caravan and having a wall of text from 10 items with long TAP descriptions all showing up at once. It's a particular concern during fests when folks are buying everything in sight and then rushing their friends off to see the cool new things they just got (before they can hide/adjust stuff to their liking). I'm going to keep it the way it is for now, but I'm willing to revisit it down the line.

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Confused 06/21/2013 02:42 PM CDT

I don't know if caravans themselves have a study, assess, analyze or whatever on the outside, but if there was maybe it could reference that you can Study Room(or whatever) when inside? or maybe the minister could drop a line about it if he doesn't already.