Trading Routes in Illithi 08/16/2012 02:40 PM CDT
I find it really disappointing that my POC can't take itself to Feyrin's Rest, Steelclaw Clan, Shard, and to the south platform for the gondola at least, while I ride inside it. It's understandable that I have to lead it through steeds, I suppose but when we're on the main roads it ought to work! We're talking a caravan, here, not a pack animal, after all.

Gnara the Gnome Trader's (and others) player
Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/17/2012 06:22 AM CDT
The only route for any caravan in the entire province is the one that goes north from the Gondola (which is technically just south of the Ilithi border) to Leth. Everywhere else in Ilithi you have to lead to.

It's not just your POC, but all caravans. The routes for even the 'safe" locations (Shard, Steelclaw and Fayrin's) were apparently never implemented.

Both Darkling Woods and Horse Clan go through dangerous areas, so it makes some sense we'd have to lead to those (though the road from Shard to the path into Azurmos/Horse Clan is very long when leading) two outposts.
Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/17/2012 08:11 AM CDT
I get that going through hunting areas we have to lead. Always have. Like out the west gate of Crossing and going down the trail to Dirge. But it's kind of annoying that they never turned on the routes in Illithi. I haven't been to Forfedhnar so I've no clue how they work there. Just as well I don't run my caravan in Shard since they opened up Horse Clan and Darkling Woods as outposts. I was just experimenting with taking the trip down to Shard riding in my caravan where I could with some friends.

So... Trader Guru... caravan routes in Illithi, pretty please???

I remember running a caravan years ago in Illithi... and I do mean years. Back before Horse Clan even existed.

Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/17/2012 08:32 AM CDT
there never was routes that were caravan-led in ilithi. As for dirge, that's an ancient one too.

The IC justification: this old tidbit:

HELP CITIES, PAGE FOUR

Dirge, or as it was once known, Darkstone Town, is now in a sad state of ruin and lawlessness due to volcanic activity in the not-too-distant past that wiped out direct caravan access to the town as well as most of its farmlands, productivity and population. Now mainly a hiding place for criminals, thieves and other ne'er-do-wells, few decent people ever make the arduous journey

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/17/2012 11:35 AM CDT
Oh, when I said I remembered running a caravan back before Horse Clan was around, I still LED the caravan. I do remember that. Because I remember Ann the thief (Who else remembers her?) walking up to me as I led my caravan, joining my group, and beginning to empty my pockets without even hiding. Hehehe...

Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/17/2012 01:03 PM CDT
yeah. i knew ann quite well.

she was pretty much responsible for the "avoid joining, avoid dancing stuff being added.

those were good times back in SCC.

semi-retired locksmith schvartz-

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/20/2012 11:44 PM CDT
>The only route for any caravan in the entire province...
>there never was routes that were caravan-led in ilithi...

Not entirely accurate. Stand outside Shard's east gate and tell it to lead to "darkling", and from the other end of that it can lead to "shard".

>So... Trader Guru... caravan routes in Illithi, pretty please???

It's possible, and not terribly difficult to do, just time intensive to gather the info for the path(s). Being possible doesn't necessarily mean I can get it approved, though.

Would you all be willing to purchase additional routes, specific to your caravan? Or perhaps paying a hireling to lead each trip?

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/21/2012 12:03 AM CDT
>>>>Would you all be willing to purchase additional routes, specific to your caravan? Or perhaps paying a hireling to lead each trip?

Yes.
Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/21/2012 10:35 AM CDT
>Would you all be willing to purchase additional routes, specific to your caravan? Or perhaps paying a hireling to lead each trip?

Yes! Would be nice if caravans or hirelings could lead to all destinations, even if we have to purchase them, give the driver hazard pay, or get a second hireling to lead.
Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/21/2012 12:50 PM CDT
Yes to purchasing routes!

I think if permanent, POC-related updates were not possible, that tacking on a hireling 'tax' would be an elegant solution. I would definitely welcome the increased safety and training opportunities afforded by additional routes!

GENT
Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/21/2012 07:07 PM CDT
<Would you all be willing to purchase additional routes, specific to your caravan? Or perhaps paying a hireling to lead each trip?

Definitely, if I were in an area where it was the only way to have my caravan lead.

Re: Trading Routes in Illithi 08/22/2012 05:53 AM CDT
i'd love this, the same way additional boat routes are purchasable. And if you dip into that code... boat route to fang cove.... <clang>... for the win!

/---
Leucius