All the New Caravans 04/12/2012 01:46 PM CDT
Hey, does anyone have a list of all the new caravan types anywhere, yet? I tried to get a red caravan in Riverhaven with my other trader character and they don't seem to have them anymore, though mistwood is pretty and some of the others are cool. Are there red caravans anywhere now? Or are they gone for good?

Gnara the Gnome trader's (and others) player
Re: All the New Caravans 04/12/2012 04:34 PM CDT
Since the caravans are somewhat random, it could be a while before someone could give you an answer. I was the one that made the changes to the caravans to better reflect their new pack animals (elk-drawn, two auroch, etc.) and their location (sand-scarred, mistwood, etc.). The red caravan is no longer an option so I'm sorry to disappoint you. I did keep some of the old looks but I added some new ones to keep things fresh.

However, there is always the option of having a POC! While it is a bit late now to add POC's that I haven't already added for the next festival, I'm always open to players sending in TAP and EXAMINEs of what they'd like to be able to choose from at a POC shop. Suggestions for plates and rooms are welcome too since I'm the only one currently doing designs on them and you shouldn't be subjected to just my ideas. Just keep in mind that if your idea is used, others may like it so much that they choose it as well!

Best Regards,
~GM Arnimas

"Wealth is not his that has it, but his who enjoys it."
-Benjamin Franklin
Re: All the New Caravans 04/12/2012 06:47 PM CDT
Arnimas -

WTB magical self-filling feedbag, please. Something to keep in mind for HE if it's too late for guildfest.
Re: All the New Caravans 04/12/2012 08:48 PM CDT
>WTB magical self-filling feedbag, please. Something to keep in mind for HE if it's too late for guildfest.

Just strap it to the other end of the horse. It'll taste like crap though.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: All the New Caravans 04/12/2012 09:08 PM CDT
I thought at one time I gave all the new caravans to Rajara for her site. I know I checked places when it first came out, but not positive I gave all the info to her. If the info is not on her site, I'm still blaming her for losing it.

Abison/Rystien
Re: All the New Caravans 04/12/2012 09:54 PM CDT
>>Hard light

Traders, to the Danger Room!
Re: All the New Caravans 04/15/2012 04:07 PM CDT
I think you gave it to the wrong Rajara, only info I have is the old caravans. When I can get access to my site again to update I'll work on it.

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"
Re: All the New Caravans 04/18/2012 03:07 AM CDT
>>However, there is always the option of having a POC! While it is a bit late now to add POC's that I haven't already added for the next festival, I'm always open to players sending in TAP and EXAMINEs of what they'd like to be able to choose from at a POC shop.<<

I'm curious, is there a circle requirement for POCs, other than the fact they are extremely expensive?

-Echelonia
Re: All the New Caravans 04/18/2012 04:32 AM CDT
25th for an Exterior

50th for an Interior

They're really not that extremely expensive... by established Trader standards at least.

This vendor seems to show up for Guildfest...

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Primp_My_Ride

and this one at Hollow Eve fests

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Reinventing_the_Wheel

They have auctioned off caravan alteration vouchers. Those could probably be described as "extremely expensive."
Re: All the New Caravans 04/18/2012 10:39 AM CDT
And tenth level for the bumperplate I believe.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: All the New Caravans 04/18/2012 01:24 PM CDT
>>25th for an Exterior

>>And tenth level for the bumperplate I believe.

Wait, are we saying you can buy a bumperplate for a caravan that you cannot buy for 15 circles? Though that does sound about right for trader coding.

Abison/Rystien
Re: All the New Caravans 04/18/2012 03:52 PM CDT
>>>Wait, are we saying you can buy a bumperplate for a caravan that you cannot buy for 15 circles?

I guess the guild's stable workers take the bumperplates off and on the rentals of the folks who could not get the matching POC?
Re: All the New Caravans 04/18/2012 10:47 PM CDT
Bumperplates can be used for advertising so I can see it at tenth level.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: All the New Caravans 04/19/2012 07:35 AM CDT
<< Wait, are we saying you can buy a bumperplate for a caravan that you cannot buy for 15 circles? Though that does sound about right for trader coding.

This isn't the case at all. POC's can be purchased in stages. The plan behind them was to let you make a unique caravan of your own. THe first stage was to allow players to customize the appearance and add an interior room. Later, we wanted to add enhancements that would make your life and career a bit easier.

You can get the plate at a lower level and it will be on your caravan regardless if you stable or rent it. The exterior can be purchased later and the same applies to it. The interior is the last item that is available (at this point) and requires a higher level than the other two enhancements. A player can purchase just one of the options or any combination of them, depending on preference. So it would be easy enough to buy a plate and exterior and then wait a year or so (if you wanted) for the interior room that seems best for you. Having any one of the enhancements would technically mean that you have a POC, because you have, at that point, customized your caravan.

Best Regards,
~GM Arnimas

"Wealth is not his that has it, but his who enjoys it."
-Benjamin Franklin
Re: All the New Caravans 04/19/2012 09:47 PM CDT
>>The plan behind them was to let you make a unique caravan of your own.

Making caravans, eh? Please release that ASAP before we have to split up our mech lore ranks. I'm not sure if I'll have enough ranks to craft actual live Elephants from scratch after I split up my ranks

Apu
_
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Apu
Re: All the New Caravans 04/20/2012 10:52 AM CDT
origami elephants.

Nikpack
Re: All the New Caravans 04/26/2012 07:50 AM CDT
origami elephants.

Hehehe...

Well, it's too bad bright red is gone. Guess I need to get my baby trader to 25 and maybe buy her a caravan at guildfest. Gnara's is already totally primped out.

Gnara the Gnome Trader (and others) player