How do I get my yak bak? 12/01/2010 11:28 PM CST
I didn't know that leaving your yak unattended and not returning it when logging off was bad. But now I don't know how to get it back, and the clerk says I have to find the one I have. He says something about the stables, but the only two places that seems like stables in crossing don't do anything, that I know of anyways.

Does anyone have a suggestion or know how to get my yak back? And when/if I do, after returning it, is it the same method to get it back? Thanks.
Re: How do I get my yak bak? 12/01/2010 11:58 PM CST
Depending on the exact timing of when you logged out, or when your yak starved, or when the guild collected your unattended (but not yet starved) yak, it's hard to say exactly where your yak is. But I would start with:

1. go to the stables (2 rooms east of the Crossing West Gate - type GO STABLE by the manure pile), and type RETURN CARAVAN

2. go back to the guild and type RENT CARAVAN (even if you already did this and they said they didn't have it - sometimes they don't have it until you check at the stables first)

3. if neither of those works, I guess try the stables again for the hell of it, but it's probably still out there on the road wherever you left it

Apu
Re: How do I get my yak bak? 12/02/2010 12:07 AM CST
there is also a "recall caravan command. tells you where you left it.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: How do I get my yak bak? 12/02/2010 12:09 AM CST
>>there is also a "recall caravan command. tells you where you left it.

Yeah definitely try that command and see what it says. I usually just get some message about "east/west/north/south of here" (which is usually wildly inaccurate), but once I actually got the exact roomname. I'm not sure what conditions are necessary to get the room name. Maybe being inside a guild outpost or stables?

Apu
Re: How do I get my yak bak? 12/02/2010 06:25 AM CST
Also try the stables near stone clan.

Jerde
Re: How do I get my yak bak? 12/02/2010 12:03 PM CST
There are stables in/or near almost every outpost. Do you remember where you left the yak? If so, go to the stable in/near that outpost. Also, bring coins with you to the stables so you can get the yak returned.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: How do I get my yak bak? 12/03/2010 06:14 PM CST
and next time rent a caravan :)

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"