Box troubles 01/28/2007 10:44 PM CST
I was thinking about putting this in the Box section, but I guess box-picking is why I became a thief.
Anyway, its a big log.
Zarnee and Maldito were lucky enough to see it. I was most of a leg, after this all.

}
R>disarm cad id
Under normal circumstances, based solely on your skill, you expect you would be better off just jumping off a high cliff rather than risk messing around with the trap on the copper caddy.
Careful probing of the copper caddy fails to reveal to you what type of trap protects it.
You get the distinct feeling your careless examination caused something to shift inside the trap mechanism. This is not likely to be a good thing.
Roundtime: 6 seconds.

You say, "Screw it"

Maldito whistles a few soft, twittering notes.

You attempt to disarm the trap on the copper caddy...
Just as your ears register the sound of a sharp snap, some crossbow bolts fly out the front of the caddy right into your body!
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your abdomen.
A crossbow bolt lodges firmly in your chest.
Your copper caddy falls to the ground.
You feel your awareness of the world around you return to normal.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.
You are somewhat comforted that you have gained favor with your God and are in no danger of walking the Starry Road, never to return.
Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 184 minutes.
A crossbow bolt lodges firmly in your left leg.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your right hand.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your neck.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your left arm.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your right hand.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your head.
A crossbow bolt lodges deeply in your chest.
A crossbow bolt lodges deeply in your right hand.
A crossbow bolt lodges firmly in your left arm.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your left hand.
A crossbow bolt lodges firmly in your head.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your chest.
A crossbow bolt lodges firmly in your left arm.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your head.
A crossbow bolt lodges deeply in your head.
A crossbow bolt lodges lightly in your left hand.
Roundtime: 10 seconds.
DEAD>
Zarnee just arrived.
Zarnee pats you on the back.

Maldito blinks.
Maldito picks up a dull copper caddy.

Zarnee says, "that looks painful"

Maldito puts his caddy in his oilcloth rucksack.
Zarnee grins at you.
Maldito shrugs.
Maldito stands up.

Zarnee grabs your body and drags it east with him.
[Truffenyi's Green]
Also here: Zarnee, Warlock Sarikei, Apprentice Moon Mage Aowyyn who is sitting, Heritage Keeper Battlemaker, Defender of the Faith Veracay who is sitting, and Battle Empath Cilya who is sitting.

Maldito just arrived.

Maldito points at you.

You ask, "Remember how I hate you, Maldito?"

DEAD>look rafl
You are Sandstorm Rafland, Venom of Forfedhdar, a Halfling.

You appear to be dead! Other than that...
You have a pulpy stump for a head, gaping holes in the neck, an ugly stump for a left arm, deep cuts across the left leg, an ugly stump for a right hand, an ugly stump for a left hand, a completely destroyed chest area with nearly all flesh and bone torn away revealing a gaping hole, a completely destroyed abdomen with nearly all flesh and bone torn away revealing a gaping hole.
You are bleeding severely from the head, unbelievably from the left arm, massively from the right hand, very badly from the neck, slightly from the left leg, extremely from the chest, severely from the abdomen and profusely from the left hand.

You have a crossbow bolt lodged savagely into your left hand, a crossbow bolt lodged deeply into your head, a crossbow bolt lodged deeply into your head, a crossbow bolt lodged firmly into your left arm, a crossbow bolt lodged savagely into your chest, a crossbow bolt lodged firmly into your head, a crossbow bolt lodged firmly into your left hand, a crossbow bolt lodged firmly into your left arm, a crossbow bolt lodged deeply into your right hand, a crossbow bolt lodged deeply into your chest, a crossbow bolt lodged deeply into your head, a crossbow bolt lodged deeply into your abdomen, a crossbow bolt lodged deeply into your right hand, a crossbow bolt lodged deeply into your left arm, a crossbow bolt lodged savagely into your neck, a crossbow bolt lodged savagely into your right hand, a crossbow bolt lodged savagely into your abdomen, a crossbow bolt lodged firmly into your left leg, a crossbow bolt lodged firmly into your chest, a crossbow bolt lodged firmly into your abdomen.

Maldito laughs at you!

Veracay says, "Looks like it was not a nice trap"

Maldito says, "ouch"

Maldito says to you, "I think its a bolt trap"

Maldito says, "Somehow I feel responsible for this"

~Rafland
Re: Box troubles 01/29/2007 12:02 AM CST
the trouble was, you didn't get out of the way in time. ::chortles::

As Ssra and other GM's have said in the past, what you normally see is just 1/4 of the bolts that fly out of the trap. Depending on evasion/reflex, will determine how many of them you actually get out of the way of.

And considering the box difficulty

>>Under normal circumstances, based solely on your skill, you expect you would be better off just jumping off a high cliff rather than risk messing around with the trap on the copper caddy.

Yeah, I'd say if you triggered the trap, you'd be in a world of hurt. Looks like you caught all the bolts in that trap.

Man that hard to have hurt.

~Dalkin~
Re: Box troubles 01/29/2007 12:17 AM CST
Oh yea, I died before the last 18 bolts hit me. But I was cracking up.

~Rafland