Shady Characters 07/11/2005 09:33 PM CDT
Hiya. This is my first time on the forums, but I feel like I have a good story to tell. It's not exactly about why I joined, but it is about why I like this guild. And it's all true, IG.
I was in the guild getting lectured by Kalag on why i'm not good enough to be promoted when "A dark Assassin" arrived and proceeded to the common area at the top of the benches. Intrigued, I followed him. He was like a creature to look at (It seems to be in good shape. It is carrying a light crossbow.) There were four of us in the room at the time, but one was in thoughts and the other left shortly after, so for the purposes of this story it was me Zeolus. The assassin informed us that he had a mission for us, which entailed tracking down a certain trader who had gotten hold of a certain Ambika item which she was not supposed to have. He sent us out to negotiate its return. Unfortunately for the trader, she didn't know what she had or refused to give it up. Not long after, we saw her being dragged to the Clerics' guild, one secret item lighter, with a bolt lodged in her chest.
We discreetly tracked the trader down again after it was over, to watch the rest of the drama play out. In about four minutes time, the traders had woven an elaborate story trying to explain what had happened. It had something to do with either a thief or an unscrupulous trader, who sold the weapon, then hired an assassin to steal it back. Maybe you had to be there, but it really was quite funny to watch them try to figure out who the Assassin was and why he did the things he did.
It's this kind of thing that makes our guild special. True, we're not as secretive as we were in the old days, but the thieves do still scare the other guilds. They have no idea what we can do, and everyone fears the unknown. At some point, I've been a member of every guild, and none can match the allure of the shadows.

~Ehm
Re: Shady Characters 07/11/2005 11:26 PM CDT
>In about four minutes time, the traders had woven an elaborate story trying to explain what had happened. It had something to do with either a thief or an unscrupulous trader, who sold the weapon, then hired an assassin to steal it back.

I'd personaly like to thank Precious for RPing this out insted of belting that it was the thief guild all over town. Even though everyone knew (I even heard about it on Ratha) it was us....still thanks you guys for having fun with this little event. I hope the GMs lets us do more.

I'd really like to work with the GMs to get a group together like the locksmith union. "an assassin" tells the leader about the target, circle/skills/guild etc. Then the leader of this group checks his/her members list, picks the right person in the same town as the target and sends a contact out informing them of the situation and ask that they deal with the person in question.

That is the group I wanted to start last year, but it never got off the gorund. (It wasn't this refined\I was only 30th circle\there was consent issues that wasn't very clear with somethings)

Shadow Fighter Rolach El'stcra, Range Master of The Locksmith Union

(Nonavet, my cleric, on his infusion quest)

You knock upon the double obsidian crypt doors.
You say, "pizza for I.C. Wiener"
Re: Shady Characters 07/11/2005 11:26 PM CDT
Nice, glad to see that Kalag's boys are no longer shooting first, giveing free favors for accidental murder later lol.

Zailen

You silently slip a rib bone into Vorclaf's gold swordbelt.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
Re: Shady Characters 07/12/2005 04:57 AM CDT
if it was precious, being as she is owned and operated by the same person as Kapi, I would hope she wouldn't have revealed it. Cause it would have pointed to the source of how she got ahold of an ambika item in the first place.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Shady Characters 07/12/2005 10:26 AM CDT
Yeah, Precious was a very good sport about it. I'd also like to take a moment to say thanks to the GMs for letting us get involved. It'd be great to see more things like that going on.

~Ehm
Re: Shady Characters 07/13/2005 02:30 AM CDT
I like this story. It gives me warm thiefly fuzzies all over my insides. And I like my insides inside me, by the way, which is why I stay on kalag's good side as much as possible.

I love you guys.

just little me
Wayfarer
etc