bug 09/04/2002 04:58 PM CDT
bug
Re: bug 09/06/2002 07:23 PM CDT
ok, can someone explain to me why people post a message labled bug, and only say bug? what the heck does it mean? i see it all the time
Re: bug 09/06/2002 07:51 PM CDT
clicking Mark Topic As Read does really work. can't remember who posted it but thanks. between posts being pulled by BMs and folks pulling their own posts it sometimes get techie.

Las

Leassons learned
Re: bug 09/06/2002 11:31 PM CDT
Why they do it....On the old message boards, if someone posted something and then removed it it would still say that the folder had a post in it (as it does now) so when you click on it as a new folder there is really nothing in there.

The Difference: On the old boards you could not skip taht folder and lose the bug, so the only way to get around it was to post a REAL post so that the buggy(invisible post) could be ignored. On the new boards, this isn't an issue. Clicking "Mark Topic as Read" will take care of any deleted posts, as well as the regular ones...But many people will NOT accept this and still keep posting these stupid pain in the ass BS crock of yak dung "bug" posts, so we really have to mark the folder as read twice as often as we did previously. Quite annoying really.
Re: bug 09/07/2002 12:10 AM CDT
actually if you click veiw all new posts you can see all the ligit posts and ignore the bug ones real fast. and if someone posts a bug post than you just click veiw all new posts and you'll see all teh bug posts... alot eaiser than trying to mark all the topics has read.
Re: bug 09/27/2002 03:35 PM CDT
For some of us, old habits die hard :)
Re: bug 11/24/2002 10:44 PM CST
Why dont you post a 'real' post and then you wont have to worry about it... or wait for someone to post a 'real' post. I can't talk though, as i've done this bug thing too. But I try to be more creative than just 'bug'... perhaps adding in a little humor is always good.

Troubadour Raziaar
Re: bug 11/24/2002 10:50 PM CST
or you could hit the "skip new" button and not worry about posting for a bug at all.

Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.
Re: bug 11/25/2002 01:14 PM CST
<<Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day. >>

What if the clock displays military time and it stops from 13:00-23:59?
Re: bug 11/26/2002 05:56 AM CST
you are thinking digital clock not a clock with face and hands which is what the quote refers too....
Re: bug 11/26/2002 07:37 PM CST
There are analog 24hr clocks...

-DT
Re: bug 11/27/2002 08:11 AM CST
yeah but they are ugly!!!