Monk? 06/02/2007 03:57 PM CDT
Are any pretend clerics able to use the Monk title? I know its still available to them, but I don't see it on the cleric title requirement page and I can't use it.

-Twitchet
Re: Monk? 06/02/2007 05:11 PM CDT
>>>title pre list cleric
The following titles of the Cleric -- Pretend category are available to you:

>>Initiate Cleric, Apprentice Cleric, Journeyman Cleric, Cleric, Expert Cleric, Master Cleric, Acolyte, Supplicant, Celebrant, Brother, Friar, Worshipper, Vicar, Beseecher, Witch Doctor, Father, Theurgist, Vigil Keeper, Spirit Healer, Divine Draughter, Infuser, Shadow Priest, Apostate, Haloed, Exorcist, Holy Fire, Cremator, Monk, Bead Carver, Embalmer, Spellbinder, Spiritist, Spirit Adept

>title pre choose cleric monk
You set your pretend title to Monk.
>l dalk
You are Monk (a thief Spider) Dalkin Mag'hrit of Elanthia, a Rakash.

Yep, you can choose it and use it as a thief pretend title :-P

~Dalkin~
Re: Monk? 06/02/2007 05:36 PM CDT
But it does require a vow of celibacy. If you lock yourself in a private room or house, the system will be obligated to remove the title.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Monk? 06/02/2007 05:41 PM CDT
>>But it does require a vow of celibacy. If you lock yourself in a private room or house, the system will be obligated to remove the title.

ROFL! Thats great...I nearly spewed my beer on that one...

~Dalkin~ (things that make you go hmm)
Re: Monk? 06/02/2007 07:39 PM CDT
>>But it does require a vow of celibacy. If you lock yourself in a private room or house, the system will be obligated to remove the title.

Is that with or without another male character in the room/house.?

Denz

Join Dragonrealms:The Fallen
And Play DR the way it was meant to be played

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Re: Monk? 06/02/2007 08:21 PM CDT
my cleric in tf has monk title. i don't wanna check it on my thief right now, cuase i want to keep another title i just got as long as possible. :-)

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Monk? 06/03/2007 09:28 AM CDT

Funny you should bring that up. In the Middle Ages, Monks were anything but celebate, regardless of any vow of celibacy.

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: Monk? 06/03/2007 09:37 AM CDT
How much charisma do you have Dalkin?
Re: Monk? 06/03/2007 09:53 AM CDT
okay, my other title didn't disappear when i logged out. <thank you!>

so i was able to check this. and I do have monk listed for my thief as pretend title when i do cleric.

Initiate Cleric, Apprentice Cleric, Journeywoman Cleric, Cleric, Expert Cleric, Master Cleric, Grand Master Cleric, Acolyte, Supplicant, Celebrant, Sister, Friar, Worshipper, Vicar, Beseecher, Preacher, Witch Doctor, Mother, Theurgist, Vigil Keeper, Holy Mage, Spirit Healer, Theorist, Shaman, Holy Scholar, Warrior Priestess, Solace, Oracle, Soul Reaver, Malice, Soul Mutator, Divine Draughter, Infuser, Shadow Priest, Apostate, Haloed, Exorcist, Holy Light, Holy Fire, Cremator, Monk, Bead Carver, Embalmer, Sacred Artisan, Spellbinder, Temple Guard, Spiritist, Spirit Adept

35 charisma

schvartzgonif

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Monk? 06/03/2007 10:55 AM CDT
>>how much charisma

I just raised it last week from 25 to 30. And before than I didn't have it. So I'm thinking its got to be 30 in charisma.

~Dalkin~
Re: Monk? 06/03/2007 04:28 PM CDT
Well that certainly explains why I don't have it. Boo charisma!

-Twitchet
Re: Monk? 06/03/2007 04:45 PM CDT
3 years ago I would have agreed. Times change so we must adapt or get swept away in the torrent

Denz

Join Dragonrealms:The Fallen
And Play DR the way it was meant to be played

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Re: Monk? 06/03/2007 05:10 PM CDT
heh, I only raised mine because of what was said at the last guild meeting by Z himself. About confidence and Charisma going hand in hand. And after a certain point, you will always be above neutral confidence because of how charismatic you are.(*) So a permanent "Feeling pretty confident about things" from what I understood. Its the only reason I raised it. That and I wanted a few titles that I had to have charisma for with the barbarian pretend titles. ::Chortles::

~Dalkin~

Note

He didn't state how high your charisma would have to be in order to obtain this "permanent" confidence about yourself, but I'm hoping that 30 is goin to be just fine, not sure if I want to raise it anymore or not.
Re: Monk? 06/05/2007 08:41 PM CDT
Any possibility of getting a substitue for Ranger companions and fake titles? I've got enough Animal Lore (As well as whatever else they require) for them and can't use it. I assume it's the lack of a raccoon or wolf. And you guys fixed the non Ranger's gettin pets a while back :-P