Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 06:19 PM CDT
Is there a backstab requirement?

~Purehand
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 06:34 PM CDT
Yes, i think its 250 or 260.

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 07:52 PM CDT
Bah, wanted it for my empath, with the entire blood thing. Ah well.

~Purehand
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 08:09 PM CDT
>>Yes, i think its 250 or 260.

If it is a backstab requirement, its under that.

You are Bloodwraith Dalkin Mag'hrit of Elanthia, a Rakash.

Backstab: 239 84.98% clear
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 08:35 PM CDT
Hrm, ok so its lower. Im pretty sure theres a backstab req for it, same for deadly shadow.

Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 09:55 PM CDT
This just in, there is no backstab requirement for Bloodwraith.

You ask, "is there a backstab requirement for Bloodwraith? now that I have it?"
>
The Lyba Telo moves forward at a good pace.
>
Pilot Rilleri barks the order to tie off the Telo to the docks.
>'oh oh, we're here
You say, "oh oh, we're here"
>
A GM says, "Nope."

~Dalkin~
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 09:56 PM CDT
GLORY!

~Purehand

You doubt that you'll be able to alter another person's features for at least 564 more roisaen.
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 10:16 PM CDT
Huh. I'm vexxed why i never see any non thieves wearing it then.

Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 10:22 PM CDT
I'm guessing there's a 225 stealing requirement.

~Purehand

You doubt that you'll be able to alter another person's features for at least 564 more roisaen.
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 10:52 PM CDT
But no stabbing req? Just want to confirm if any non thieves actually have that title.I dont see whats so 'bloody' about someone with stealing, hiding and stalking. Sounds more like a theft/spy based title, then the 'violence' titles which all have weapon skill, str, and or backstab reqs.

Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 10:53 PM CDT
well, it is a Criminal title...:::chortles:::

~Dalkin~
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 10:55 PM CDT
There are a series of criminal titles only available to thieves (or theoretically someone that got TONS of backstab skill via classes back when it was teachable to other guilds).

Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 10:56 PM CDT
That and I got the title right about 225-230 stealing. Which was in the last few days.

~Dalkin~
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 10:57 PM CDT
Right but..your also a thief and probably have the backstab ranks. Again..thats just my assumption due to the 'violence' oriented title, fact ive never seen a non thief wear it, and that it came out during the 'thief title updates'. We need to find a non thief with more than 225 stealing...

Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 10:59 PM CDT
>>your also a thief and probably have the backstab ranks

And according to the GM that I asked, there is no backstab requirement. It might be stealing and agility/reflex or something to that nature.

Just a wild guess there since from what I was told, backstab was not/is not used in that title.

~Dalkin~
Re: Bloodwraith 04/25/2007 11:00 PM CDT
This title isn't posted on the criminal page, but from following the discussion here it seems like this whole title is way out of whack and the reqs need to be changed.

First and foremost, you shouldn't be able to get the title without 500 hiding/450 stalking because the title is a "Wraith" title (and like all wraith titles, you have to satisfy the "wraith" part before getting an advanced form of it). Secondly, it seems very odd that getting a Bloodwraith title would be 500 hide/450 stalk/225 steal. It makes no sense.

For reference, Forest Wraith is 500 hide/500 stalk/475 scout. I would think that Bloodwraith should be 500 hide/500 stalk/475 backstab or so.

-Teeklin

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." -Potter Stewart
Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 01:12 AM CDT
back when it was teachable you didn't learn it by teaching it. the most backstab any of my nonthieves have is 11. and most of them have it.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 01:15 AM CDT
* Your post here *>title pre list thief
The following titles of the Thief category are available to you:

Initiate Thief, Apprentice Thief, Journeywoman Thief, Thief, Expert Thief, Master Thief, Grand Master Thief, Creep, Imposter, Charlatan, Deceiver, Mysterious, Nefarious, Dissenter, Subverter, Betrayer, Maverick, Conspirator, Saboteur, Revolutionary, Garrotter, Backstabber, Backbiter, Hamstringer, Death Hand, Urban Ranger, Fang, Venom, Serpent, Night Watchman, Bonecutter, Sandstorm, Dirty Fighter, Muscle, Assailant, Hatchet Man, Killer, Darkness, Card Shark, Viper, Adder, Asp, Black Widow, Deadly Shadow, Silence, Eliminator, Nightwalker
>title pre list criminal
>
The following titles of the Criminal category are available to you:

Pick-Snapper, Yegg, Thug, Footpad, Cutpurse, Mugger, Pickpocket, Kleptomaniac, Pilferer, Crook, Swindler, Rogue, Prowler, Scammer, Shoplifter, Thief, Bandit, Grifter, Looter, Burglar, Scoundrel, Larcenist, Fence, Cutthroat, Criminal, Highwayman, Con Artist, Outlaw, Bootlegger, Racketeer, Reaver, Counterfeiter, Safe Cracker, Smuggler, Spider, Faceless, Whisper, Midnighter, Deadly Shadow, Silence, Spy, Night Warden, Mastermind, Hitman, Delinquent, Hoodlum, Hooligan, Vagrant, Sticky Fingers, Acquirer, Opportunist, Forger, Swindler, Purloiner, Robber, Fog, Ghost, Smoke, Libertine, Elusive, Rumor, Spectre, Mist, Phantom, Safe Cracker, Bloodwraith, Rook, Shark, Gambler, Vapor

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 04:54 AM CDT
Well, at the same token the requirements for 'natural assassin' are piddly compared to the 'assassin' title. I think they perceive 'lesser' and 'greater' versions of titles. Besides its bloodwraith, not Blood Wraith (minor distinction, but I'm sure the later would have upped its requirement).

Anyhow....does any NON thief have access to the title (i have no idea why gonif decided to post her titles since its obviously on a thief).

Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 05:14 AM CDT
Natural Assassin is another title I have a problem with. I think a lot of GMs got giddy and started releasing titles and forgot all about the "In order to be a Deadly Shadow you must be a shadow first, in order to be a Swamp Shaman you have to be a shaman first" thing that was initially in place. You want to be a Wraith, get 500 hide/450 stalk...you want to be a Shadow Wraith then prepare to have both those requirements plus more.

I think a major title evaluation needs to go into effect after these recent floods of titles for a lot of guilds to make sure that this isn't happening.

-Teeklin

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." -Potter Stewart
Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 05:54 AM CDT
Agreed. And although you wont like me for it, Natural Assassin is the dumbest thing I ever heard:) I know 'assassin' is one of those things everyone ones like ninja and pirate titles, but it kinda seems out of place outside the guild. That said there could be a lot of cool 'woodsy killer' titles. Doubt itll get removed of course.

So...does any non thief have 225+ stealing so we can test out bloodwraith?

Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 08:31 AM CDT
I got bloodwraith when I hit 150 in medium edge. Hiding stalking and stealing were all above 225. I am of the thief persuasion though.

Reith.
Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 08:39 AM CDT
The mystery continues.

Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 10:02 AM CDT
Thanks! This is what I think I think then.

Bloodwraith
225 Stalking
150 weapon
Stealing is 250 at the highest
Hiding is 250 at the highest
Evasion is 170 at the highest
Stats no higher than 30

It does seem kind of low. But I'm pretty pumped about that for selfish reasons.

~Purehand
Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 10:05 AM CDT
I have all those except the stealing (32 ranks short of 250) I'll try to remember to post if it becomes open to me in the next 20-30 ranks.
Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 10:12 AM CDT
I'm guessing it's 225, like stalking.

~Purehand

Re: Bloodwraith 04/26/2007 11:56 AM CDT
Again, its LOWER than 250 stealing....I got it between 225 and 230 stealing.

Its something else.

Hiding and stalking are both over 250 though.

Stealing 234
hiding 264
stalking 271
Medium edged 191
heavy edged 144
2he 143
LE 160
evasion 208
leather 164
MO 145
LC 144
Agility 35