Re: Shoplifting Timer 08/22/2009 05:22 PM CDT
Please please lower it. I only gotten as high as 20/34. Thats stealing from all the Crossing shops and all the Riverhaven shops.

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Shoplifting Timer 08/24/2009 09:55 AM CDT
I think it should be lowered to 20 mintues, right in line with the other longer timers.

- L
Re: Shoplifting Timer 08/24/2009 10:55 AM CDT
>>I think it should be lowered to 20 mintues, right in line with the other longer timers.

The difference being with other timers, like Compendiums (20 minutes) is that you can't learn anything before that timer is up. Nothing is stopping you from going back to the shop before the 40 minutes to an hour is up. You can still steal and you can still learn. It's just more dangerous.

I'm not really arguing for the timer to stay the same or get lowered. I don't really care either way. You just can't compare it to timers like on compendiums.
Re: Shoplifting Timer 08/24/2009 11:03 AM CDT
<<You just can't compare it to timers like on compendiums.

Right, but not in exactly the way you mean I think. Stealing carries risk. Period. Even if you wait the full hour. Compendiums don't.

In light of this, are the timers still fair? I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader.

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Shoplifting Timer 08/24/2009 11:11 AM CDT
Bringing in some of the remaining shops that are unstealable due to not being under an area's justice mechanics would be great too. Not sure how much that has been discussed in the past year, but so far the same shops that I couldn't steal from when the new justice mechanics were rolled in are still unstealable. Doesn't directly tackle the timer problem, but every bit of exp helps.

~ Purehand
Re: Shoplifting Timer 08/24/2009 01:44 PM CDT
>Bringing in some of the remaining shops that are unstealable due to not being under an area's justice mechanics would be great too. Not sure how much that has been discussed in the past year, but so far the same shops that I couldn't steal from when the new justice mechanics were rolled in are still unstealable. Doesn't directly tackle the timer problem, but every bit of exp helps.

Agreed.

I'd also support a shorter timer to help move stealing in areas with fewer shops.
Re: Shoplifting Timer 08/26/2009 12:02 PM CDT
>>I'd also support a shorter timer to help move stealing in areas with fewer shops.

QFT.

I'd like to again say I'm not advocating for the total removal of the shoplifting timer, just that it be smacked down from a full hour to maybe half?