accusing from ask gms 06/01/2009 10:43 AM CDT
ayup. that's right.just as others can either accuse us to the guardhouse or utilize consent <not both> so do we have that options when we accuse to our guildleader. Traders too can either do one or the other for their version of accuse <to their outposts when they have a caravan in tow>. Older thieves can also either Contact thug or use the guildleader or exercise their consent <not both>.

type NEWS 5 25 in game states the following:

--- THUGGING -- THIEF AND TRADER ---

* You stole from me and I reported you to Varsyth (or the Trader outpost authorities) and now the thugs got you! Is that consent?
NO -- I merely reported you to the authorities, who forced you to pay for your crimes. You stole, you took a risk of my defending myself and retaliating in any of several ways, and that's the price you pay for your actions.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/01/2009 10:52 AM CDT
Thanks! Somewhere along the line I completely forgot about the NEWS. That clears it up nicely, now I feel like a jerk for posting in the GM folder instead of in general discussion heh. Much obliged MACCABEE1

- Calain
- Any jackass can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/01/2009 01:51 PM CDT
You really shouldn't be too surprised if someone smacks the crap out of you for it considering what thief accuse does to someone IMO.

That said, I wasn't going to come after you for it anyway. :P

Rev. Reene

Reene: tie a scimitar to your fist.
Kystrk: that would just be unrealistic
Reene: because jump kicking someone from hiding and vaporizing their skull is super realistic
Kystrk: I was wearing footwraps
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/01/2009 10:40 PM CDT
>>That said, I wasn't going to come after you for it anyway. :P

Honestly, I wasn't even talking about that, although I do feel bad about what happend because as far as I'm concerned I've always enjoyed our interactions (as limited as they have been) and have no ambition of harming (indirectly or otherwise) someone who I'm fond of or otherwise have no quarrel with what so ever. Ironically enough the incident I was reffering to occured later on in(of all places) the Cleric guild. Guess I need to steer clear of the Cleric's guild and go back to spending my free time in front of my appartment heh.

That being said, sorry again about that whole debacle this morning, our interation was much more pleasant than the one that occured later that day. As far as I'm concered I made a mistake in judgement, I tried to rectify it as best I could to my ability, and have absolutely no intention to ever mention it again in regards to any future dealings and trappings we may have. From where I stand the entire snafu is water under the bridge and hope it wont negativly impact our future interactions.

>>You really shouldn't be too surprised if someone smacks the crap out of you for it considering what thief accuse does to someone IMO.

Which essintaly was the entire reason for my posting, I was curious just what the actual policy was regarding the entire repercussion of thugs and such. While I wont go into anything specific or detailed I will admitt I WAS in fact surprised and it does NOT in fact grant consent. Nuff said.

- Calain
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/02/2009 01:22 AM CDT
>> While I wont go into anything specific or detailed I will admitt I WAS in fact surprised and it does NOT in fact grant consent.

Why did you report them for killing you then, out of curiosity?

Rev. Reene

Reene: tie a scimitar to your fist.
Kystrk: that would just be unrealistic
Reene: because jump kicking someone from hiding and vaporizing their skull is super realistic
Kystrk: I was wearing footwraps
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/02/2009 02:53 AM CDT
>> Why did you report them for killing you then, out of curiosity?

In a nut shell because when they killed me they broke policy. I'd go into more detail however I don't want to be a hypocrite and break policy myself by gossiping and such so I'll leave it at that.

- Calain
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/02/2009 09:23 AM CDT
Roleplaying out a conflict is hard

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/02/2009 09:43 AM CDT
>Roleplaying out a conflict is hard

From what I saw, IAMTHEWALRUS was the only one involved in that conflict who was not roleplaying it out.
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/02/2009 05:43 PM CDT
Following the rules of a game is hard...

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/02/2009 06:46 PM CDT
heh heh.. seems to be for some folks..

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/02/2009 07:29 PM CDT
Wait a second... This is a game?!

I thought I was foraging for real while typing it out.

- Simon
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/03/2009 10:23 AM CDT
I found an Imperial Coin at my desk once. True Story.
Re: accusing from ask gms 06/04/2009 10:23 AM CDT
>>>> Why did you report them for killing you then, out of curiosity?

>>In a nut shell because when they killed me they broke policy. I'd go into more detail however I don't want to be a hypocrite and break policy myself by gossiping and such so I'll leave it at that.

I fail to follow the line of logic when you were unsure as to whether or not it was a violation of policy upon report, based on your questioning on the boards.

Just in case, huh? ;P