RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 02/22/2009 07:14 PM CST
<<Whether it be a mild or a critical, poison resistance is not kicking in for me. Is this feature broken currently?>>

i think you are broken and might need to do an assist.

>eat vip pow
You eat a portion of some viper powder.

>health
Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a dangerously strong nerve poison.
>
Your vision blurs slightly as a hot wave sweeps across your body. A thick sweat, which reeks of corruption, pours from your skin and leaves you gasping for breath. The feeling quickly passes, leaving you exhausted but strangely relieved.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 02/22/2009 10:17 PM CST
Speaking of poison resistance, I think if it ever gets reviewed it would be nice to add partial success during the poison pulses.

I just botched a geni's cyanide today. 3 pulses and my chest was destroyed. I died at 60+% vitality with 40 stamina. Purging never had the chance to kick in.

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 02/24/2009 01:57 AM CST
<<nothing was wrong with my poison resistance. .... Regardless, I've yet to see poison resistance work on poison, regardless of the strength or duration.>>

Your use of the term "resistance" instead of "purge" has got me wondering.

Is your character high enough circle to know the ability? Has your character talked to the appropriate guild leader and gained the ability?

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 02/24/2009 06:39 AM CST
Sorry, I'm not sure where I picked the term up, but yes; I learned it from the serpent in shard the same circle I learned to put holes in things while staying hidden.
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 02/24/2009 09:46 AM CST
I had the same problem with my Plat character. I had the ability, but it was just not ON for me, I had to have Zeyurn come down to find the problem and fix it.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/08/2009 01:33 PM CDT
<<<<Whether it be a mild or a critical, poison resistance is not kicking in for me. Is this feature broken currently?>>

i think you are broken and might need to do an assist.
Yamcer>>

That's from a post earlier in this section. I had a mild poison from sprites a few weeks back that ran its course normally. I never got a damage message or a purge message over about a minute or two time so my natural stat resistance took care of it, but I'll try to play around a bit with it.

Any more information on how to build it up and how much to work at it in each section of critter?
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/08/2009 01:47 PM CDT
Keep trying that mild poison from sprites until you get the purge messaging. Stick with the mild stuff that you can survive until your body actually purges it out.

Roger
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/08/2009 09:28 PM CDT
Wow, that was really damn annoying; my natural defenses kept getting in the way it seemed.

I blew a sprite box and had a serious poison which immediately pulsed to mild without damage apparently from stat defenses and then I sat for (I watched closely) about four minutes before my defense finally kicked in. This wasn't my first time sitting several minutes with a mild poison though.
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/08/2009 10:13 PM CDT
Eventually it will just take a few seconds before your body flushes the poison completely. Just keep getting poisoned and building up that resistance.

Roger
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/08/2009 10:31 PM CDT
<<you need to build up your resistance for each type.>>

there are currently 4 types of poison in DR.

Location poison - green needle trap, Moruryn sting, Westanuryn sting, Dolmor sting, Modas tongue attack, chlorine gas trap, celepeze, haraweps bond spell, (might be a few more)

Nerve poison - rust needle trap, Viper spit, Kra'hei Hatchling tail attack ? (mild poison pretty sure it is nerve), (might be a few more)

Cyanide poison - dart trap

Stunning poison - Viper spit, Tar pit gas near kaernea village, and Huldah surprise cake

Yamcer

RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/09/2009 07:17 AM CDT
*Tar pit gas near kaernea village*

like i said before though, i don't think our resistance "works" for that type.

i haven't ever seen it kick in for same.
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/09/2009 07:20 AM CDT
>>>>*Tar pit gas near kaernea village*

>>like i said before though, i don't think our resistance "works" for that type.

>>i haven't ever seen it kick in for same.

Last time I was playing around in there, it did. Although that was before my 3+ year break, so I could be misremembering, or something could have broken since then.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/09/2009 02:49 PM CDT
Does resistance build up against deadlier poisons of the same type count if it was accumulated? If so my char's probably pretty well resistant against nerve and stunning thanks to the days hunting vipers. Would think decent resistancea gainst other types too, i made it a point to purposely botch all poison boxes while hunting maras and swampies.

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
RE: Poison Resistance (from ask the GM) 03/09/2009 04:31 PM CDT
>>Does resistance build up against deadlier poisons of the same type count if it was accumulated?

So long as you were at or below your personal best (ie, it was purgeable), I would think so. For stuff to the same location (ie, mild poison to left arm + more mild poison to left arm = severe poison to left arm), it probably is only concerned with the end amount since it's going to stack anyways.

If you fail the purge check, it's probably not letting you build up your resistence any (explaining the OP's problems with it not working) just like a severe enough bleeder won't let you tend it and thus buy yourself some time to rush to help.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.