re: AMBUSH STUN and blunts 02/13/2009 04:15 PM CST
Why slash and not stun, which is designed for blunts already? I'd personally like another ambush manuever, though, one that allows us to target limbs for different effects (one that's more done when your thugs are holding up a struggling victim so you can get easy shots in on him):

leg -- makes you fall by putting your leg to sleep/causing brief flares of pain (ie, dead-legging)
arm -- can't attack with item in that hand (perhaps also prevents swapping akin to swapping with a hand/arm cut off)
hand -- makes item fall out of the hand
abdomen -- fatigue sapper (sucker punch to the gut)
chest -- attack-preventer (you just knocked the wind out of your opponent)

Sight probably covers stuff done to the eyes. Clout/stun target the head already, and if you're going to target the back you might as well go ahead with the backstab.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
re: AMBUSH STUN and blunts 02/13/2009 05:21 PM CST
I think slash/stun are purely dependent on the stats of a weapon. I know you can ambush stun with a heavy bastard sword/two-handed sword. I assume you could ambush slash with a blunt weapon that has the requisite amount of slice, though i haven't come across one yet.