Elanthia's Underground 03/16/2016 02:53 AM CDT
I was thinking about what GM Amifer said on a prior post about Necros being the re-take on a 'bad guy' guild, and what draws me (and hopefully some other players) to the thieves guild - the excitement of being pursued as part of a plot. Other games have graphics, better explosions, better combat even... but who cares? When you're character in x game dies, do you get upset?

In DR, I care at least, because it's part of a plot. I stole from x player and got hunted down or got away. I have to be on guard everytime I train, hunt, or just sit around talking to friends - because anyone could pop out and kill me because of something my character has done (or just because he's locked pvp).

For thieves who are interested in playing a cops and robbers types scenario they've basically been eclipsed by necros. Who cares about missing a few plats, with inflation, when there's a guild to hunt that threatens the very fabric of reality and the end of time? We're relativly small potatoes.

My suggestion would be to tie willing thieves in with the Necro guild as mercenary helpers in an 'underground' for the only reason an RPing thief would - tons of money and loot. The price would be suffering similar SO/DO as Necros do. Maybe there could be a Throne city type place where we steal items for a Necro spell - with attendant risks involved of course, and PCs in the Hounds and inquisition could be roped in by being rewarded if they kill/accuse guilty thieves.

This whole scenario would come with appropriate warnings of PVP implications etc... and it would put us back in the mix as far as being criminals go. Thoughts?
Re: Elanthia's Underground 03/16/2016 07:07 AM CDT
>My suggestion would be to tie willing thieves in with the Necro guild

1) You can do this yourself. It's called 'role playing'. Find a Necrobuddy and get to it. Many people already do this.

2) It makes no sense for the thief guild to 'ally' with the necromancer guild as a group. There is no communal link. It makes as much sense as saying Necromancers and Traders should join forces because reasons.