an observation 03/15/2008 03:46 AM CDT
My simple observation is this...Ding Dongs. The food of the Gods. Twinkies a close second.

"If I was the Creator, I wouldnt start with Butterflies and Daffodils, Id start with Lasers. 8 Oclock. Day One."
Evil Being-Time Bandits
Re: an observation 03/16/2008 04:18 AM CDT
I personally prefer the filling for peach cobbler on waffles topped with vanilla ice cream.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: an observation 03/16/2008 08:19 AM CDT
Sounds like we have The Search for Delicious on our hands ...

(http://www.amazon.com/Search-Delicious-Natalie-Babbitt/dp/0374465363)

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: an observation 03/16/2008 06:05 PM CDT
I used to live on those zebra cake things they sell at convenience stores. They were dessert of choice during my ramen days -- they ran something like 27 cents with tax.

Of course, one must be careful to avoid scurvy when subsisting on ramen noodles and zebra cakes.

I'm really surprised sometimes that I survived to adulthood.

You belt out, "Avast! Prepare to be boarded!"
>jump ferry
Gathering up your courage, you take a flying leap toward the other ferry and land on its deck.
Re: an observation 03/16/2008 09:20 PM CDT
I remember those days. It was a good thing they put vitamin C in Koolade.

--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: an observation 03/16/2008 09:42 PM CDT
the dessert of choice for me during my raman days was the mini pecan pies that the Lance company sold. 25 cents each at the time. While I would gladly walk by a pack of raman without noticing, I have a fondness for pecan pies that even that era of my life couldnt crush. Koolaid chaser and the very rare day I could afford Old Dominion Root Beer. Why do the memories allways appear better when you think fondly on those days? Personally, if I ever have a pack of raan in front of me again ::shudders:: edible? barely. Tasty? Not in a million years.

"If I was the Creator, I wouldnt start with Butterflies and Daffodils, Id start with Lasers. 8 Oclock. Day One."
Evil Being-Time Bandits
Re: an observation 03/17/2008 12:20 AM CDT
Pecan pie though is so very good.

I recently found a tent in leth that has nachos and hot dogs with all the fixings and caramel pop corn

--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: an observation 03/17/2008 03:27 AM CDT
>>Pecan pie though is so very good.

yeah it is when its made right. Its so very easy to screw that one up.

Evil Being-Time Bandits
Re: an observation 03/17/2008 05:13 AM CDT
Agreed.

I know I cannot make it right. I know where to get it made right and I go buy it. It is just one of those things. It is an art.

--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: an observation 03/17/2008 04:06 PM CDT
I always managed to find enough extra coin for the Hostess blueberry pie to accompany a ramen or peanut butter and jelly feast, which was a daily ritual for far too many days.