Hey Hey 07/26/2005 10:09 AM CDT
Just popping in to see who's still around and what's up. HAD to activate an account to give Ssra props for the new release. Yes I still read these silly boards, well at least on Tuesdays and the GM announcements. Won't be able to test it out as myself, but it's nice to see something that we've been wanting forever and a day done. I may reactive my old account and downgrade it, just for Tueday play since that's when my game is down and I get oh so bored then hehee. I just know the GM's miss my constant harrassment about what needs to be done and what doesn't lol. <TEASING so don't get all huffy on me> I've been gone since Jan, and I've forgotten how to play <weeps>. In all honesty the only thing I miss is the players. I surely don't miss training, doing the same ol thing day in and day out. Might work out for 1 day a week, we'll see how today goes.

Ok I'm feeling a bit awkward now, so I'll just sit here and wait for someone to respond to this and guess who I am. I tried to get an account name as close to what I formerly had.
Re: Hey Hey 07/26/2005 11:55 AM CDT
You haven't been gone long enough to be totally forgotten Elven Wench, I remember you from the boards, if not IG.

Alley Cat

(I have a guess at yer name, too, but I'd rather not embarass myself if I'm horribly wrong, heh)
Re: Hey Hey 07/26/2005 01:38 PM CDT
HA! Welcome backs.

Addle
Re: Hey Hey 07/26/2005 02:15 PM CDT
Welcome back! I must say though most mmorpg's are the same, in that you do the same thing over and over again if you want to train, of course the people you interact with makes it different! I think I've played 5 different mmorpg's, and gave all serious thought about going long term with it....but DR keeps draggin me back...I honestly don't know how it does it...but it does.

<<>>[Toldorf] "{faintly}" "Lets see, Crossing gate failed, lets try Haven."<<>>

<<>>* Toldorf was just struck down!<<>>
Re: Hey Hey 07/26/2005 02:55 PM CDT
I personaly like to play DialboII online, but as you said the other people make the game....and they just seem like abunch of 13 year old throwing insults and swear words at each other....then there's the constant website/scamsite spamming the channels and the gae it's self.

DR is the place I'll always come back to

Myrmidon Rolach El'stcra, Range Master of The Locksmith Union

>You tried to promote your opinion as the only one thats correct ... the only true thief roleplayer.

No, I said that people are far to braven, and it was unthiefly.-DEROVIUS
Re: Hey Hey 07/26/2005 05:56 PM CDT
I started playing Diablo 2 LoD again after all my chars got deleted. but it's fun to start fresh now and again been having fun on teh west coast server.

oh and welcome back eyoni

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Hey Hey 07/26/2005 06:47 PM CDT
> again after all my chars got deleted.

All your DR characters? Or diablo?

If DR that sucks majorly....but if diablo I've had several accounts I've piddled around and they got deleted.

First time I quit Diablo was when my I was trying to help rush a "novice" through with my prized sorcerer. Said "she'd" give me a picture of "her" for helping "her", I didn't much less care if I got one anyway I just wanted to help. Well I should have know not to run that exe file....everything my sorc had on was dropped and the scammer picked it all up.....was the best items ya could buy. (Occy staff and Occy ring included)

~Rolach

>You tried to promote your opinion as the only one thats correct ... the only true thief roleplayer.

Re: Hey Hey 07/26/2005 09:18 PM CDT
yeah was my D2 LoD chars.. 88th poison necro and a 80th dual wield axe barbarian. have a ice scor to 70th now working a hardcore assassin though since the high difficulty things are immune to cold. what a pain.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Hey Hey 07/26/2005 09:23 PM CDT
That just goes to show you--never have unprotected Software EXchange.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Hey Hey 07/27/2005 10:37 AM CDT
Yamcer, if you can get an Infinity runeword for your merc, those do mean things to monster resists. Automatic lvl 12 conviction aura = -85% max resists. Makes my light sorc happy.

I also just started playing on west coast again after my characters got deleted.

Twitch
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/27/2005 11:29 AM CDT
I really wish I had two monitors, play D2 on one screen and my characters for DR on the other.

I never was much for rune words, seems all the good items made from them needed at least one super rare rune.

Man I wish Blizzard would step in and do something about the spamming....sitting in a game having a good time. Then one or two BOTs come in and spam their crap 4 to 10 times each really disrupts the fun.

I went from DiabloII to Morrowind...was alot better...but I was playing with myself and abunch of ignorant NPCs.

~Rolach

Re: Hey Hey 07/27/2005 04:06 PM CDT
Elven Wench...hmmm yeah, I remember who that is also.

Welcome Back!

Sok da Dwarven Horse Rustler Wannabe

Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you...Gentlemen. I am Pain.
Pinhead-Hellraiser: Bloodlines
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/27/2005 04:58 PM CDT
D2 was fun for the first half, and then it just became more tedium with different colored creatures. It also didn't help that I managed to get three perfect skulls (went gem hunting on US East to relieve the tedium). Three perfect skulls in a gemmed helm meant immunity to all attacks that didn't kill you in one hit. I put it on my Paladin and sat there with maxed Thorns up to kill things.

The guard stares at you and swears. The guard says, "I do not see why you even bother living."
Re: Hey Hey 07/27/2005 05:46 PM CDT
They let you back in? Are they crazy or something!

Da Madd Webba aka Da Truth aka too Real for TV

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

Denial is not just a river in Egypt!"....

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/27/2005 05:55 PM CDT

I have 2 laptops and a desktop; I play DR, watch a movie and play some HL2 all at the same time.
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/27/2005 06:17 PM CDT
my necro had enough fire absorb and fire resistance i could stand in any fire and heal.

Yamcer

Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/27/2005 06:22 PM CDT
> I have 2 laptops and a desktop; I play DR, watch a movie and play some HL2 all at the same time.

I have another desktop, but apparently I didn't install the motherboard "correctly" and now it's shorting out...plus the CPU is fried because the thing shut the fan off(melted the fan too)

So I'd have to buy a new motherboard and the CPU setup...so I spent around $900 insted and bought a Sony VAIO, RB serise.(the 200 gig HD was the main selling point ;-) The other was just how the tower looks)

Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/27/2005 06:25 PM CDT
>my necro had enough fire absorb and fire resistance i could stand in any fire and heal.

Bleh, I never did figure out how people was getting so much..

~Rolach

Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/27/2005 07:02 PM CDT
I was having fun with my iron maiden + blood golemn necro...before 1.10 came out. Then it got majorly nerfed. Was fun running around with something like 400% magic find. heh.

-Jeresis
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/27/2005 07:06 PM CDT
>I was having fun with my iron maiden + blood golemn necro...before 1.10 came out. Then it got majorly nerfed.

Ya THAT royaly sucked....but you can use amp dmg and take off the natural damage resistance the Nightmare and Hell level creatures have. Making the damage they take normal rather then reduced.

And just imagine my surprised when I left and came back and now every rank in every skill boost another skill. I had no idea what to do to max my dmg then!

Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/29/2005 04:54 PM CDT
i played D2 for awhile, but i stopped playing when everyone started to use hacked stuff...my favorate item was the razorswitch jo-staff on my ice sorc

~I hate sand~
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/29/2005 08:09 PM CDT
Not much hacked stuff on battlenet. We should all get a game going together or something, that could be fun.

-Twitch
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/30/2005 04:04 PM CDT
I was talking about battlenet on hacked stuff, or did they finally put a stop to all the HEX's and whatnot?

~Larze

~I hate sand~
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/30/2005 11:14 PM CDT
>I was talking about battlenet on hacked stuff, or did they finally put a stop to all the HEX's and whatnot?

I haven't a clue what your're talking about. But last I played in there the channels was full of ad bots spamming constantly. There was a program going around that turned you into a visrus advertising ad bot without you knowing you was spamming the channels. and of course The ad bots invading your game and spamming.

Other then that I only knew of the maphacks, wich I only used for the easy display of creatures immunities on the map.(Helped with my ice sorc.)

You might be talking about the open net, not the closed net servers.

~Rolach

With a gentle smile, Halfcopper leans over and brushes a soft kiss against the forehead of his Halfling baby doll, tightening his arms protectively about the small bundle.
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/31/2005 09:28 AM CDT
There was a problem with alot of hacked gear on closed battle.net, but with v1.10 most of that went away (or did, I haven't really been playing in a while.)

I don't know anything about bots joining games, 'cause I usually play in password protected games. If anyone wants to start up a game, lemme know I just made a Druid, his name is Jeresis.

-Jeresis
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/31/2005 09:33 AM CDT
I had a druid, went the Werewolf route with alot of health. Necro could kill him in two hits with that skull spirit thing...So I figured I'd try a necro out..

~Rolach

With a gentle smile, Halfcopper leans over and brushes a soft kiss against the forehead of his Halfling baby doll, tightening his arms protectively about the small bundle.
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/31/2005 03:37 PM CDT
Wind druids are pretty fun, but their damage never really gets high enough to be as effective as a sorc. Still, fun to play something atypical. What server did you start your druid on Jeresis?

-Twitch
Re:D2 (was: Hey Hey) 07/31/2005 03:53 PM CDT
US East.

-Jeresis
Re: Hey Hey 08/01/2005 07:29 PM CDT
>They let you back in? Are they crazy or something!

First I gotta respond to this! I'm gonna beat you like a redheaded step child! Oh hmm wait, you'd enjoy that too much. Watch the shadows my friend, they definately will be watching you. Of course they let me back in, I was never kicked out!

Hey Addlestone, Sok, and my dear paddle buddy Toldorf and everyone else forgive me please if I missed you. I'm not sure how long I'll be staying, it's just a matter of how bored I get. Chances are fair that I won't be playing too much so perhaps that will keep the boredom from kicking in.

Now for me to log in, figure out the controls again lol and sneak around and terrorize some folks!

Eyoni, Elven Wench, first Shadow Mistress, terrorizor of all!
Re: Hey Hey 08/01/2005 09:12 PM CDT
> Watch the shadows my friend, they definately will be watching you.

l camb ring
>Done in darkened steel, the ring is a fitting setting for the dull reddish hue of the cambrinth. The metallic stone has been carved into the shape of a mischievous panther face sporting an unnaturally wide grin.
There appears to be something written on it.
>
read camb ring
A cambrinth ring reads:
"I'm watching you."

Made that before ya posted. :-p

~Rolach

Re: Hey Hey 08/04/2005 01:10 AM CDT
HAHAHAHAHA this is such sweet justice. I told her long ago that she'd be back but noooooooooo. She ranted and raved and told me how great WoW is ::rolls eyes:: and now she's even posting on the boards. Now if only she'll get her sister to play too.

~Terc~

Look at the bright side. It could have been Tercsyn instead of Drongol.

Solomon
Re: Hey Hey 08/04/2005 02:42 PM CDT
>HAHAHAHAHA this is such sweet justice. I told her long ago that she'd be back but noooooooooo. She ranted and raved and told me how great WoW is ::rolls eyes:: and now she's even posting on the boards. Now if only she'll get her sister to play too.

Don't get too full of yourself dear. I never EVER EVER claimed the boards weren't worth paying for. How many times had I told you I still kept up on the boards? How many times have you seen E logged in and for how long? WoW IS a great game, I enjoy it very much. Just on Tuesdays it's down for weekly updates so I get bored. But in all honesty I haven't felt much if any magic of DR when I'm logged in thus the lack of log in time. Still trying to give it a chance, I'm paid up for 30 days any way. If I stay then you can tell me how right you were.