Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 06:52 AM CDT
I've returned once more to cause mass frustration and annoyance on the boards. And now I can even do it in Japanese!

-Fillia
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 10:58 AM CDT
Yay! Sushi cupcakes?

Life is a game and you were put here to entertain me.
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 11:07 AM CDT
Even better...nattou cupcakes!

-Fillia
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 11:09 AM CDT
Oh what.. an incredibly disgusting idea. Pardon me while I go vomit. :\

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 11:15 AM CDT
>I've returned once more to cause mass frustration and annoyance on the boards.

Woohoo! Welcomd back!

> And now I can even do it in Japanese!

Bah you're so lucky, I've been wanting to learn the language for a very long time. :-(

~Rolach

You hear Wartalbal yell, "Chain Lightning!"
There is a blazing flash of green lightning from the south.
You hear Wartalbal yell, "ouch"
* Wartalbal was just struck down!
You belt out, "AHAHAHAHA"
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 11:26 AM CDT
Have fun, Rolach, have fun. I found particle stacking and politeness levels to be particularly brain-melting. :D

(Though to be honest, Japanese is a much easier language than English or, say, Spanish [which I learned in high school]... Most of the difficulty is in the vocabulary simply because it's so hugely alien.)

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 11:34 AM CDT
>Have fun, Rolach, have fun. I found particle stacking and politeness levels to be particularly brain-melting. :D

particale stacking?

If I had the money to blow I set up a trip over there, even if I'd be stumbling around like some tourist haveing no idea what anyone is saying.

~Rolach

Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 12:16 PM CDT
Hey, we have a pretty active Thief (DR) community over here in Japan.
Me!

I hold meetings for us (me) every week. Occasionally I'll sponser a stealing run. The other day I went out and got a bunch of boxes for the community. It was great!
Then we went out and got drunk and sang some karaoke.

Vend

P.S. I'm a very sad man.
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 12:44 PM CDT
>P.S. I'm a very sad man.

:-( and I thought me being the only player in my town/state was bad...

~Rolach

Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/02/2005 02:46 PM CDT
Heh, when I was still in the navy, there was about 15 of us on base that played DR. We would roll out on friday nights if there wasn't a good Rave going on and head to Capcom Plaza and play DR for hours.

~Deuce~

~Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 07:09 AM CDT
Yay, someone I recognize comes back.

Steel.
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 11:27 AM CDT
Speaking of Sushi Cupcakes, the ice cream shop in the mall here now has Wasabi ice cream. It'd go perfect together.

Welcome back, O Ruler of Cupcake-land.

The guard stares at you and swears. The guard says, "I do not see why you even bother living."
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 11:35 AM CDT
>Speaking of Sushi Cupcakes, the ice cream shop in the mall here now has Wasabi ice cream. It'd go perfect together.

heh one would think. Would defantly sell ice cream if your tongue was on fire.

~Rolach

Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 02:58 PM CDT
Unfortunately we weren't speaking of sushi cupcakes. Nattou is a type of fermented (or rotten, if you prefer!) soybean. Smells terrible, looks disgusting, and tastes worse.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 10:07 PM CDT
And it stretches! I tasted it once if for no other reason than to say I had at least tried it. Never again. My host parents would eat it sometimes with breakfast and it stunk quite badly.

Wasabi ice cream sounds...interesting. At the Baskin and Robbins I went to near my house, they had all the flavors in the United States plus some more Japanese flavors...green tea and azuki being the most tasty.

-Fillia
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 10:21 PM CDT
Natto is an evil evil thing. I haven't been able to try it however, as the smell forces me into dry heaving/vomit reflexes... Maybe I oughta try a clothes pin on the nose approach to try my first bite.
Having lived here for a year now, I feel like I should at least know what it tastes like.

Green Tea ice cream on the other hand is like crack. Without the harmful side effects.
Unless you are diabetic, then it's more like crack again.

Uh, to keep this kinda on topic...

Are there any other players who live in Japan? There are enough people around when I'm on that it makes me wonder. I know there are a lot of people who work odd hours... and I've run into a group of aussie players. I was just curious if there is anyone else in the Land of the Rising Sun about on these boards.

Vend

P.S. Natto smells like 100 year old sweaty socks x 10. Which is why it can make you gag. Well me anyway.
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 10:34 PM CDT
OH HOW I MISS YOSHINOYA AND RAMEN! DEAR GODS DO I EVER!

~Blood Wraith Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 10:39 PM CDT
>AND RAMEN! DEAR GODS DO I EVER!

blah, I don't I didn't get a check one month and was broke....ate that crap for over a month. But I'm talking the american crap you can get for 10 cents a package.

~Rolach

Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 10:55 PM CDT
THAT is not Ramen, those are kinda the same noodles, but Japanese Ramen is just different.

~Blood Wraith Elec

Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/03/2005 11:00 PM CDT
>THAT is not Ramen, those are kinda the same noodles, but Japanese Ramen is just different.

I was hoping so! The original stuff has got to be better then the junk we get over here.

~Rolach

Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/04/2005 07:55 AM CDT
Real raamen is one of the tastiest things in existance. Granted, there are bad raamen restaurants and better raamen restaurants. One of my friends worked at one of the better varieties over in Akihabara, but I still didn't get any discounts.

-Fillia
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/04/2005 11:01 AM CDT
Glad to see you back, Fillia. Are you going to be doing the radio show on friday mornings again?

~Jay/Bre

"Have you ever felt like the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?"
Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/04/2005 04:13 PM CDT
Akihabara! Oh how I miss thee, Electronics city! I really want to go back to Japan. But now that I am out of the military I don't want to have to screw with the whole passport thing. Meh.

~Blood Wraith Elec

Re: Hide your cupcakes 07/05/2005 09:12 AM CDT
It's starting (?) to get dominated by the otaku, though. It's a little bit scary. Granted, any town which features a Mister Donut nearby to the train station is good in my book. (I guess that would be every town around the Yamanote loop line, though.)

As far as the radio show, I'm still waiting to hear back from the station concerning whether or not I got a slot. I'll let you know when I do.