Aura Devices 09/18/2015 03:13 PM CDT
One suggestion that I've been tossing around for a long time is the sale of pre-made aura devices for the various mana types. Currently, a very perceptive Moon Mage can tell with ease if we use magic and what type it is which can totally ruin a good disguise or years of disguising. We can combat this though use of a Lunar Aura Device, which also has its use in the Throne City museum, but it's super limited to just Lunar magic at the moment.

I would love to see a merchant who specializes in making Aura Devices for all the different magic types so that we could better disguise ourselves as other guilds. Ideally this would work on the same style system as the item hiding mechanics, where you have a limited number of charges and only burn one on wear/remove (or jail, death, etc.) and could be recharged by a user of that type of mana.

Also like the item hiding mechanics, the enchantment/script could be moved from the item to other items someone might have. That way folks will not feel limited to using whatever the shop sells. Maybe the shop owner can be the only one who does it, maybe others can, I leave that for whomever to decide.

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"
Re: Aura Devices 09/18/2015 03:23 PM CDT
I suggested this years ago and I think it got shot down for Reasons.

Nowadays I think it would make a pretty cool necromancy-based enchantment. Though I wouldn't want to see it wait for just the Enchanting system.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Aura Devices 09/18/2015 03:31 PM CDT
>I suggested this years ago and I think it got shot down for Reasons.

Actually, I totally remember that suggestion. It's part of what got me on the train of thought. Fingers crossed that "reasons" might have changed.

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"