Armor 08/11/2012 02:26 PM CDT
Is there any armor out there (leather) that you guys prefer / favor or can recommend? Also, is there some Thief-only type armor out there? I'm more concerned about the first question but was curious about the latter
Re: Armor 08/11/2012 06:13 PM CDT
I like firecat leathers from the old tanning system. They don't have as good of protection as newer leathers, but are less hindering than the least hindering leathers (sharkskin). On the second question, not as far as I'm aware. I also have never sought out anything like that though.
Re: Armor 08/11/2012 08:13 PM CDT

Who is the best to seek out if I want a set of player made leathers?
Re: Armor 08/12/2012 02:19 AM CDT
<<They don't have as good of protection as newer leathers, but are less hindering than the least hindering leathers (sharkskin).

I have a few followup questions.

Are you talking about armor hindrance or stealth hindrance? I was under the impression that all leathers have the same stealth hindrance. Also can you get me the appraisal of the hindrance values, so that i will know the old leathers when i see them.

<<Is there any armor out there (leather) that you guys prefer / favor or can recommend?

About armor preferences, as far as leather goes, i have a rugged shalswar coat mixed with multiple other armor types (the coat runs a pretty high hindrance but is still probably least hindering) but the protection is probably the best you can get for leather armor.

You feel certain that a thick shalswar-hide coat appears to impose significant maneuvering hindrance and minor stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and very good damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very high protection and very good damage absorption for slice attacks.
great protection and very good damage absorption for impact attacks.
fair protection and somewhat fair damage absorption for fire attacks.
good protection and somewhat fair damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate protection and somewhat fair damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a thick shalswar-hide coat you could expect your maneuvering to be insignificantly hindered and your stealth to be minimally hindered.

You are certain that the thick coat is marginally vulnerable to damage, and is practically in mint condition.

The thick coat is moderately soft.
You are certain that the thick coat weighs exactly 313 stones.

<<Who is the best to seek out if I want a set of player made leathers?
There's a pretty good selection of all kinds of armor at the Market Plaza in Crossing.
Re: Armor 08/12/2012 02:26 AM CDT
<<i have a rugged shalswar coat
Sorry to double post but it's actually thick not rugged. The difference being great protection in impact instead of slice.
Re: Armor 08/12/2012 06:52 AM CDT
i have a set of old firecats platside on my necro, here's the appraisal <yeah, i know, i gotta get 'em repaired>:

[Script]>appr my leather careful
[Script]>

The firecat-skin leathers are leather armor.

The leathers look like they offer protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that some perfect firecat-skin leathers emblazzoned with a battle scene appear to impose noticeable maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and good damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and good damage absorption for slice attacks.
good protection and good damage absorption for impact attacks.
fair protection and good damage absorption for fire attacks.
low protection and good damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate protection and good damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some perfect firecat-skin leathers emblazzoned with a battle scene your maneuvering would be minimally hindered and your stealth would be minimally hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently lightly hindered and your stealth is lightly hindered.

You are certain that the firecat-skin leathers are quite guarded against damage, and have a few dents and dings.

The firecat-skin leathers are fairly soft.
You are confident that the firecat-skin leathers might weigh a few hundred stones.
You are certain that the firecat-skin leathers are worth exactly 62500 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

The reason for the higher appraisal money-wise is because i had them altered.
look at my leather
The firecat-skin leathers looks somewhat damaged.
The scene depicts a furious battle taking place at the Great Gate of Muspar'i. Three sisters stand together; one commands gold-colored bolts from the sky, one commands blue and white bolts and stands alongside an avenger, and one is sneaking up on the invader from the shadows. The fourth sister is commanding black bolts with a red tinge against the foe, but standing a little ways off from the other three.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Armor 08/12/2012 09:22 AM CDT
>Are you talking about armor hindrance or stealth hindrance? I was under the impression that all leathers have the same stealth hindrance.

You are correct that leather has the same stealth hindrance across the board, so I was talking about armor hindrance.
Re: Armor 08/12/2012 11:27 AM CDT
<<I was talking about armor hindrance.

<<You feel certain that some perfect firecat-skin leathers emblazzoned with a battle scene appear to impose noticeable maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:

That's indeed quite a bit lower and surely something to consider for premeditated pvp. Might pick up a set for myself if happen to stumble on a good price.
Re: Armor 12/28/2012 09:49 AM CST

The best to seek out for home grown stuff is going to be someone at the top of one of the charts in the ummm... Leatherworking society I think. Not sure if tehy are known by the Leatherworking society or some other society name. You know how there's a forge in crossing that you can go in and join the forge guild or something with, well there's a similar item in crossing.

And I'll take the award for least helpful post anytime.

-
Deo vindice!!!
Re: Armor 12/28/2012 10:08 AM CST
>>The best to seek out for home grown stuff is going to be someone at the top of one of the charts in the ummm... Leatherworking society I think. Not sure if tehy are known by the Leatherworking society or some other society name.

Outfitting.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh