Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/20/2008 03:13 PM CDT
Ok, I know iron keyblanks sold in Shard aren't all that expensive, but I can assume most if not everybody prefers to just steal them? At least that's what I was originally told. I have a little over 100 ranks in stealing, and I have "silence" - is stealing a good idea? And can I assume stealing from our own shop puts us at the same risk as stealing from any shop, it doesn't matter that it's one of our own?
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/20/2008 06:55 PM CDT
1) It's now our shop.
2) I don't know where the idea that silence comes into play with helping stealing came from.. but it just sounds silly to me...
3) since you've said you're a thief (or using a thief), mark the iron keyblank and see what it says... that'll tell you if it's a good idea or not.
4) I actually bought a lot of the keyblanks I had carved before... only in the past several months have I started to actually steal them.. (of course, that's because nothing in there teaches me anything so I might as well get something useful)...

5) If you do decide you can steal them and that's preferable, chances are you'll only be able to grab a couple...

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/20/2008 11:44 PM CDT
> I don't know where the idea that silence comes into play with helping stealing came from.. but it just sounds silly to me...

Without silence, I couldn't get into Shard's guild. With it, it was a simple snap. I'm only assuming silence helps with other forms of stealing, unless it's a one-time deal with Shard's guild.
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/21/2008 02:55 AM CDT
Well if you were hiding do the quest to finish the Shard guild quest, I can see how silence would help you with that. But in general, plunder is the khri you want up to steal. Though if you are hiding while pilfering (and you should since it teaches awesome hiding and stalking), silence may help as well. Other good khri include: focus, hasten, and possibly calm for their stat boosters.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/21/2008 10:35 AM CDT
hmph... ok.. so you're really young then.... in that case, since you were hiding to do the shard quest, you probably needed silence to help boost your hiding so you wouldn't be seen.

And Nikpak is correct.. Plunder is for stealing, Hasten will give a nice agility boost, as will focus... and to help with hiding/stalking, darken and dampen... you just have to see what you can put up at the same time.

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/22/2008 09:16 AM CDT
Eventually (after 50th) skulk will be the way to go. It puts up Darken, Dampen, Plunder, and Shadowstep. That's your best bet until you get to the point where you can put up 5 khri, then use hasten on top of that.

Anybody know what stat/skill ups the maximum number of khri you can put up. I figure it's discipline/concentration, but don't know what I should be looking to put it out.

I am at 38 discipline now with 196 concentration. I can get skulk up, but can't get the 5th khri up.

Leuc
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/22/2008 10:18 AM CDT
It is based on concentration. You get 3 points of concentration per point of discipline, 2 per point of intelligence and 1 per point of stamina.

I forget the khri formula but basically the multiplier for the concentration cost increases with each additional khri you attempt to activate.

Synyster Shadowmaiden
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/22/2008 10:24 AM CDT
<<Anybody know what stat/skill ups the maximum number of khri you can put up. I figure it's discipline/concentration, but don't know what I should be looking to put it out.>>

khri concentration cost is based off the number of khri. Add the khri cost together than multiply by the factor.

1 khri = x 1.0
2 khri = x 1.3
3 khri = x 1.6
4 khri = x 1.9
5 khri = x 2.2
6 khri = x 2.5
7 khri = x 2.8

so if you have 4 at 22 concetration it'd be 167 (22+22+22+22)x 1.9
if you have 5 at 22 concentration it's be 242 (22+22+22+22+22)x 2.2

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/22/2008 01:52 PM CDT
So that being the case if I wanted to run Skulk and Hasten it would be:

(18+18+27+20+18)x2.2 = 222.2 (222) Concentration

Leuc
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/22/2008 02:09 PM CDT
Int = 1.5 not 2.

-- Mozzik, the Fateweaver

Caelumia says, "I love the tools even more."
Re: Keyblanks & Shard's Shop 09/24/2008 12:52 PM CDT
its not really a "thief" shop, anyone can get in there, if they can solve the puzzle. if you're buying in bulk, traders get a lower rate. if you're just wanting to get a few of 'em, then steal 'em. like the other folks said, plunder and hasten would be your best bets on khri to use.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>