Shop aggro cooldown 03/14/2008 02:43 PM CDT
Kind a new girl, but I noticed that I can't come back to steal things right away. Is there a set limit of time on shops before the perception boost (from multiple thefts) goes away for shopkeepers?

That plan worked better in my head.
Re: Shop aggro cooldown 03/14/2008 02:49 PM CDT
From the same shop, the timer is on the order of 45-60 minutes give or take a few depending on difficulty. I don't think there's anything interfering with your chances when you move on to a different shop, though.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Shop aggro cooldown 03/14/2008 02:54 PM CDT
Thanks! Was worried...I went shopping in the alchemy store, and then the dry goods guy was watching me like a hawk

That plan worked better in my head.
Re: Shop aggro cooldown 03/15/2008 07:05 AM CDT
the timer is 60 minutes for fully enabled steal from same shop. the 45 minute thing you can go for it, but you'll get a mark along the lines of "you have stolen from this shop recently, but it shouldn't really effect you" or something along that line. Which means there is are odds you'll get caught moreso than if you wait the whole hour, but you can still decide to take the risk.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>