Component Pouches (from HE Auction Thread) 11/17/2017 09:22 AM CST
>>Oversized component pouches have intended rarities just like anything else with expanded capacities.

Why? I'd love to hear a good reason for this compared to gem pouches and bundles.

>>Different max amounts for component pouches have different tiers of availability. 200 is auction tier. There are ones that hold 75 that are for sale in a Thief-only shop in the festival. 75 is restricted to Thief only special >>event shops. There are ones that drop in the Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze. That level has a different max amount as well.

Again, why? Should gem pouch start at 50 max from town and only be larger from events? People would flip out.

>>Other places have ones that have different max amounts as well.

What other places? This has been a topic for years in the thief folder. We've always been told that there are different component bag sizes but up until this festival no one has found them.

I just find it to be silly, item count is a serious issue, Locksmithing is already a subpar skill and restricting larger component pouches based on rarity isn't going to make it any more tolerable.

I understand that this is how it is at the moment just irks me to see "auction level component pouches" instead of fixing the regular ones so they're usable.
Re: Component Pouches (from HE Auction Thread) 11/17/2017 09:37 AM CST
>>Oversized component pouches have intended rarities just like anything else with expanded capacities.
>>Why? I'd love to hear a good reason for this compared to gem pouches and bundles.

Gem pouches and bundles also have a standard maxed-out size. If ones bigger than that were released, they would have different availability tiers as well, just like component pouches or any other item released with an expanded capacity over what is considered 'standard'.

>>Different max amounts for component pouches have different tiers of availability. 200 is auction tier. There are ones that hold 75 that are for sale in a Thief-only shop in the festival. 75 is restricted to Thief only special event shops. There are ones that drop in the Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze. That level has a different max amount as well.
>>Again, why? Should gem pouch start at 50 max from town and only be larger from events? People would flip out.

No, because that would be a reduction in the standard gem pouch size and is not at all what happened here. Nothing was reduced with component pouches. Bigger options were released.

>>Other places have ones that have different max amounts as well.
>>What other places?

That I know of off the top of my head, there are ones available from some games in HE this year as well, and I'm fairly sure there are some in the raffle prize pool there, too (though that's a list of well over 500 items, so I don't want to say they absolutely made it in there since I don't exactly remember).

>>We've always been told that there are different component bag sizes but up until this festival no one has found them.

I haven't always been on staff, so I'm afraid I don't really know what exactly was told to anyone in the past by staff who are no longer around. It's entirely possible that no bigger component pouches were ever released before now. I can speak to what's going on now, though. We were aware of the requests for bigger ones, and that's why we released so many of them both during the Corn Maze event (they're incidental loot there) and at HE (a thief-only shop, games,the auction, probably raffles) this time around. We thought it would be a nice thing to put out that hopefully many Thief players would enjoy.

These events aren't going to be the only place you'll see expanded sized component pouches (and not even just pay events), but as of how things currently stand, the 24/7 available shop ones aren't slated to be made bigger.

-Persida
Re: Component Pouches (from HE Auction Thread) 11/17/2017 10:15 AM CST
>>These events aren't going to be the only place you'll see expanded sized component pouches (and not even just pay events), but as of how things currently stand, the 24/7 available shop ones aren't slated to be made bigger.

And this is why it's annoying, it's clearly a Quality of Life issue, though not a massive one. People have complained about it for a long time and it has a simple solution, like gem pouches and bundles before you could tie them, and the course of action taken was "we'll put them out at events." Whats the process for getting the 'standard' size re-evaluated?

>> We thought it would be a nice thing to put out that hopefully many Thief players would enjoy.

I'm sure many of them do enjoy them, for me it just highlighted a gross inequality that prevents me from harvesting trap components in a manor that I find acceptable. I mean you can stuff 200 bear hides into a bundle made from 1 pieces of rope but you have to go to an auction to get a component pouch that holds 200 components? Maybe this made sense when trap components were slated to be a consumable resource through crafting but that's still years off (if ever) at this point

I'm sorry if this sounds super negative, I'm really am enjoying the festival, and appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing all over the place, it just irked me. Lots of the other items look great.
Re: Component Pouches (from HE Auction Thread) 11/17/2017 10:50 AM CST
>>Whats the process for getting the 'standard' size re-evaluated?

A GM with the interest to propose re-writing the script, the proposal getting approved by the normal GM approval process, and a GM with the bandwidth and ability to do the rewrite (it is customary for this to be the person who proposed it, and GMs don't generally propose something they can't carry out themselves).

-Persida