QOL part deux 09/20/2015 04:59 PM CDT
Awesome.

I have a (of course) question/request!

If you're poking component pouch code, could you make them bigger? Or allow them to be tied off like gem pouches? They're currently capped pretty low, which means I end up with 1 pouch full, and 200 components sitting in my belt/etc.

Give pouch, fill pouch, give pouch, etc.
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 05:09 PM CDT
No doubt. I ended up going to get like 5 pouches.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 05:33 PM CDT

Yay thieves getting love, thanks Ssra! <3
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 06:11 PM CDT
<<If you're poking component pouch code, could you make them bigger? Or allow them to be tied off like gem pouches? They're currently capped pretty low, which means I end up with 1 pouch full, and 200 components sitting in my belt/etc.>>

1) They can be tied off. If this feature isn't working provide me the syntax you're using.

>tie my grey pouch
Tie it off when it's empty? Why?
>put pin in my grey pouch
You put your pin in your grey pouch.
>tie my grey pouch
You tie up the grey pouch.

2) I'll do some research regarding the capacity of the pouch but can't promise anything at the moment.

/salute

-Ssra
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 06:18 PM CDT
Great change, thanks.
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 06:31 PM CDT
<<1) They can be tied off. If this feature isn't working provide me the syntax you're using.

I think they meant the feature that gem pouches have where if it is untied it only holds 70 gems but tied it holds 500 gems.

I don't think component pouches have increased capacity when tied?

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 06:47 PM CDT
>1) They can be tied off. If this feature isn't working provide me the syntax you're using.

As Absolon said; when you tie off a gem pouch, the 'count' increases from a max of 70 to a max of 500.

I was hoping this feature could be extended to component pouches. It's purely a convenience feature, same as it was for gem pouches.
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 07:07 PM CDT
<<As Absolon said; when you tie off a gem pouch, the 'count' increases from a max of 70 to a max of 500.>>

Got it. Will look into it.

/salute

-Ssra
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 07:09 PM CDT
One problem with this method will be if you manage to grab an easter egg it's going into a tied pouch and gone forever.

Thoughts?

/salute

-Ssra
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 07:11 PM CDT
>if you manage to grab an easter egg it's going into a tied pouch and gone forever.

Totally fine with me. Would be on the same level as gems.

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 07:41 PM CDT
>>One problem with this method will be if you manage to grab an easter egg it's going into a tied pouch and gone forever.

>>Thoughts?

Not a fan of that, but I don't harvest traps or use a component pouch anymore, so take this FWIW.
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 09:53 PM CDT
>One problem with this method will be if you manage to grab an easter egg it's going into a tied pouch and gone forever.

A) I haven't seen an easter egg since 3.0 went live. Which isn't saying a lot, I don't do too many boxes. But I thought it wasn't even live any more!

B) The person could just remove their pouch(es) if it's a huge concern?

If it functions like a gem pouch, then you can just fill even when it's tied, so remove pouch, disarm all the things, fill pouch. Kinda short-changes the new QOL thing though :(
Re: QOL part deux 09/20/2015 10:01 PM CDT
If component pouches could hold more, that right there would be the QOL update for me!

Also, I've gotten easter egg things since 3.0 and since 3.1. Just, y'know, rare. Eggy and all.
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 09:52 AM CDT
Looks like thin metal circles are giving a message that they slip into your pouch, but aren't actually going in the pouch. Log follows.

It occurs to you that a magical object such as the deep ebony metal circle might be worth something if you could manage to safely remove it.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

R> [disarm]: disarm my chest analyze
You've already analyzed this trap in preparation for harvesting, there's no need to do so again.

> [disarm]: disarm my chest harvest

Slowly, so as not to accidentally jostle the driftwood chest during the attempt, you carefully tug at the deep ebony circle and try to bend it. After what seems like eternity, the circle comes off in your hand.
Perhaps you should be holding that first.
You silently slip a thin metal circle into your grey pouch.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

R> [disarm]: disarm my chest harvest
The remnants of this chest's previous trap have already been completely harvested.

> [disarm]: disman chest
[disarm]: disman chest
>
Your hands are too full for that!
>
Your hands are too full for that!
>

> inv
You are holding a thin metal circle in your left hand and a plain driftwood chest in your right hand.
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 11:47 AM CDT
> pouch capacity

I did some digging ...

The pouches handed out by those that hand out pouches have a capacity limit of 30. Others, sold by merchants or at festivals, may have a higher capacity.

/salute

-Ssra
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 11:51 AM CDT
I'll bug the next one since it's happened with every one of these traps I've harvested.

The hinges of the pine crate are covered with a thin metal circle that has been lacquered with a shade of deep ebony.
The pine crate's trap is a trivially constructed gadget which you can take down any time.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

I just checked my log and all of them were Katamba (4 out of 4), not sure if that matters. I couldn't find any other teleporter traps to double check if it was just katamba or all teleporters.
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 11:52 AM CDT
> a thin metal circle

Interesting. Not sure why it would message success on a failure.

This little addition hooks into the core slip stuff without major modification.

Are you able to type the standard command?

> SLIP MY CIRCLE INTO MY POUCH?

What is the result?

/salute

-Ssra
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 11:52 AM CDT

> The pouches handed out by those that hand out pouches have a capacity limit of 30. Others, sold by merchants or at festivals, may have a higher capacity.

Can you increase that if they're tied, similar to how gem pouches increase?
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 11:56 AM CDT
> get circle

>
You get a thin metal circle from inside your grey pouch.
> slip circle in pouch

You silently slip a thin metal circle into your grey pouch.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R> look in pouch

No problems slippin it.
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 11:57 AM CDT
> No problems slippin it.

Meh. You're supposed to tell me it's cursed or you couldn't slip it. :P

I'll find out whats' going on.

Thank you.

/salute

-Ssra
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 11:58 AM CDT
Also, any chance you could identify where some of the larger pouches have come from or what they look like? Any chance of seeing them at Hollow's Eve this year? Seems a little odd that gem pouches only vary in design while component pouches vary in size as well.
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 12:04 PM CDT
> increase capacity if it's tied

I need to get an idea of what has been released via merchants and festivals and talk to a few GMs before making any commitment to you that they'll be changed.

Long story short ... maybe.

/salute

-Ssra
Re: QOL part deux *bug* 09/21/2015 05:27 PM CDT
>I need to get an idea of what has been released via merchants and festivals and talk to a few GMs before making any commitment to you that they'll be changed.

I'd like it if this just went in across the board, and any relic pouches got some type of ++size bonus or something, if that's an option. I've never spoken to another thief who knew there were ever any 'larger' sizes available.