Renown Scrolls 10/20/2013 01:15 AM CDT
>The Thieves' Guild now has renown scrolls in various locations! A huge thank you to Melete for helping to make this happen. I hope you all enjoy them!

>This is live in all instances.

Very cool renown scroll. love the additional feature to it.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/20/2013 03:59 AM CDT
Haha. I built that feature like 3 years ago and this is the first chance it's had to see the light of day (Actually, I turned it on in TF awhile back for laughs). It amuses me.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/20/2013 01:01 PM CDT

Very nice, thanks for setting these up.
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/20/2013 10:13 PM CDT

Thanks for this really appreciate it, and the time you guys are spending on some thief love.

Rifkinn
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/21/2013 01:48 AM CDT

I have a really dumb question about renown skills, but since I mostly play a thief and we've never really had em before I wouldn't really know.

If your on a scroll does it track what you currently have or is it just a snapshot that you then need to later go back and... update or something.
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/21/2013 02:21 AM CDT
They do not automatically update. They aren't magical scrolls, just something you write on.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/21/2013 02:57 AM CDT
>If your on a scroll does it track what you currently have or is it just a snapshot that you then need to later go back and... update or something

My assumption is that ya would have to tap it again in order to update your spot on the list. It seems like it would be a hell of a code to always being tracking your skills or circles vs. everyone else on the scroll. But, that's just my assumption and reason.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/21/2013 03:53 AM CDT

>They do not automatically update. They aren't magical scrolls, just something you write on.

That's really what I thought, like the other poster said it would be too crazy to constantly be checking for updates... but I just had to ask.

Still, love em... gives me an excuse to train hard and then visit the different locations from time to time.

Thanks again.
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/21/2013 07:17 AM CDT
Though I think they are really neat, and I like the Aliases.

Any chance the aliases could be modified(altered) at a later point, be it via in-game roleplay or perhaps some type of special Thief-only alteration event or something?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/21/2013 07:38 AM CDT
>>Any chance the aliases could be modified(altered) at a later point, be it via in-game roleplay or perhaps some type of special Thief-only alteration event or something?

Due to how the system works? Not really. Though I'll admit when I made the system and ended up with "the Cinnamon Worm" I tweaked how the system worked to avoid that :P

-Raesh

Re: Renown Scrolls 10/21/2013 08:23 AM CDT
>>Any chance the aliases could be modified(altered) at a later point, be it via in-game roleplay or perhaps some type of special Thief-only alteration event or something?

>Due to how the system works? Not really. Though I'll admit when I made the system and ended up with "the Cinnamon Worm" I tweaked how the system worked to avoid that :P

Mine is fitting. I wouldn't change it at all.
If you're the "purple penguin" I suggest you just own it and keep rolling. :P

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.
Re: Renown Scrolls 10/21/2013 07:00 PM CDT

Meanwhile in Kalag the blacks office....

Mr. Pink: Hey, why am I Mr. Pink?

Kalag: Because you're a idiot.

Mr. Pink: Why can't we pick our own colors?

Kalag: No way, no way. Tried it once, doesn't work. You got four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow.

Mr. Brown: Yeah, but Mr. Brown is a little too close to Mr. S$%@.

Mr. Pink: Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. girl. How 'bout if I'm Mr. Purple? That sounds good to me. I'll be Mr. Purple.

Kalag: You're not Mr. Purple. Some guy on some other job is Mr. Purple. You're Mr. PINK.

Mr. White: Who cares what your name is?

Mr. Pink: Yeah, that's easy for you to say, you're Mr. White. You have a cool-sounding name. All right look, if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink, you wanna trade?

Kalag: Hey! NOBODY'S trading with ANYBODY. This ain't a goddamn city council meeting, you know. Now listen up, Mr. Pink. There's two ways you can go on this job: my way or the highway. Now what's it gonna be, Mr. Pink?

Mr. Pink: Gods dammit, Kalag, freaking forget about it. It's beneath me. I'm Mr. Pink. Let's move on.

Kalag: I'll move on when I feel like it... All you guys got the goddamn message?... I'm so goddamn mad, hollering at you guys I can hardly talk. Pssh. Let's go to work.