Prev_page Previous 1
April 1 04/01/2012 05:40 PM CDT
Surprised we haven't had the biggest joke thrown on us today. A Thief GM. Haven't had one truly our own since Vendarin?
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 05:50 PM CDT
<<Surprised we haven't had the biggest joke thrown on us today. A Thief GM. Haven't had one truly our own since Vendarin?

I don't think they're so important after development was changed to a systems-based model tbqh.

Tiessie was a great thief advocate btw.

Nikpack
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 05:56 PM CDT

Tiesse was a great Thief Advocate for the limited time she was that but we haven't had a Thief GM in forever. We get occasional things but we seriously lack in development. We're more of an afterthought. We get bones thrown our way but that's all. We rarely even get a Red Name to post in our folder except for Mods.
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 06:13 PM CDT
Think you missed Nikpack's point. There are no long any single guild developers. They are now focused on the certain skillsets like Survival, Lore, Magic etc.

I do agree that we need an active advocate though. Tiesse is great, but she's moved on to another position and is just there as interim advocate for the time being. Would be nice to have an advocate who's primary responsibility was the Thieve's Guild.
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 08:37 PM CDT
Is the Thief guild, not was the Thief guild.

It seems that NMUs in general seem to be getting shafted, and now that it seems that trader's may be getting magic as well (though it might be an April's Fool joke, the problem with Socharis posts on April's Fools is the joke is in how unserious we take it, and then it being true). So as per Armifier, we'll be some of the only non-people left (other then of course Barbarians).

Barbarians for their part seem to have a few people looking after them, which is good, just wish we had a little more interest in our group.

Re: April 1 04/01/2012 08:42 PM CDT

I'm sure the Trader magic is a joke.

The non-joke is the lack of anything for Thieves. Maybe we'll luck out and get the same recycled shops with stuff noone wants again at the next fest.
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 08:44 PM CDT
<<Maybe we'll luck out and get the same recycled shops with stuff noone wants again at the next fest.>>

Good to know. We'll make sure those don't make it this year and save ourselves some work.

GM Jaedren
Events Guy
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 08:46 PM CDT
>>There are no long any single guild developers. They are now focused on the certain skillsets like Survival, Lore, Magic etc.

This is essentially the case. There is the position of Guild Advocate, but it is a CE position and not a Dev position (Though in some cases a Dev GM will hold the position) so lacking an advocate isn't really something that holds up a guild's development. That said, I believe the current Survival Team is still a little short handed if people are interested in applying now would be the time (http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/Help%20Wanted/view/457).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 09:12 PM CDT
>>Maybe we'll luck out and get the same recycled shops with stuff noone wants again at the next fest.>>

>>Good to know. We'll make sure those don't make it this year and save ourselves some work.

As you can see this attitude and type of comments will usually get you less instead of more.

The guild got a make over not that long ago, and is in good position for the 3.0 changes so they don't see the need to postpone the changes to rewrite yet another guild. They have stated that after all the releases they are going to converting khri to the supernatural skillset, and flesh out Backstab more. So if your going to complain for no other reason than to complain because you're not getting a new toy and everyone else is, please shut up because you do more harm than good.

On a positive note I'm looking forward to some new stuff in the Guild Fest. Thank you for all the work that you guys are doing.
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 09:18 PM CDT
<<As you can see this attitude and type of comments will usually get you less instead of more.>>

And that's exactly the point I was attempting to make. Nevermind that Thieves in general continue to be one of the better off guilds in terms of Dev. As far as recycled festival merchants... you've gotten more new stuff that Barbarians have in the last three years. And since those merchants actually DO quite a bit of sales each time they're out, I'm guessing its really you that doesn't want any of the stock, rather than 'everyone'.

GM Jaedren
Events Guy
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 09:32 PM CDT
>The non-joke is the lack of anything for Thieves. Maybe we'll luck out and get the same recycled shops with stuff noone wants again at the next fest.

I love it every time I read this same, verbatim, thing, from every single guild. I find it hilarious. Every guild thinks they're the absolute worst off, ever.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 09:44 PM CDT

<<As you can see this attitude and type of comments will usually get you less instead of more.>>

<<And that's exactly the point I was attempting to make. Nevermind that Thieves in general continue to be one of the better off guilds in terms of Dev. As far as recycled festival merchants... you've gotten more new stuff that Barbarians have in the last three years. And since those merchants actually DO quite a bit of sales each time they're out, I'm guessing its really you that doesn't want any of the stock, rather than 'everyone'.

<<GM Jaedren
<<Events Guy

Really? You're trying to tell us we're better off? Yes we've seen tons of development in the past three years. We've gotten tasks.. yippee, lighter keyblanks, A useful khri (sagacity), Fade weapons (a good addition), and what? That's over the past three years. It's laughable to say we've seen anything short of not much. Zeyurn released a bunch of stuff for us in 07 and 08 but we haven't seen any real development since then.

I'd like to see the numbers of those merchants showing they're doing quite a bit of sales each time. It's either keyblanks or lack of anything else so folks buy things just to buy things. Or they're not doing well and just getting recycled because we don't have any real pro-thief GMs anymore to actually throw us a few scraps.
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 09:48 PM CDT
<<Really?>>

Yes.

<<I'd like to see the numbers of those merchants showing they're doing quite a bit of sales each time.>>

Since you clearly won't take my word for it, when I post numbers why would you take my word for it there? Honestly, you're not going to be happy with any response I give at this point, so I'll humbly bow out and leave you to it.

GM Jaedren
Events Guy
Re: April 1 04/01/2012 09:50 PM CDT

>>Since you clearly won't take my word for it, when I post numbers why would you take my word for it there? Honestly, you're not going to be happy with any response I give at this point, so I'll humbly bow out and leave you to it.

>>GM Jaedren
>>Events Guy

So post numbers and prove me wrong and then I'll be all giddy when I see the same two merchants with the same merchandise for the past 5 years.
Re: Thief Merchants 04/01/2012 10:25 PM CDT
Instead of being a negative Nancy why don't you make a suggestion? It's real easy to drag things through the dirt when you can't think of anything better yourself. More to the point, you want bum out someone else who is actually promoting a positive view on what has been done instead of focusing on what you don't want.

I'm super happy with things, I thought Fade was awesome. I thought the first hiding sheath's were pretty awesome too.

My suggestions for Thief Guild merchants would be:
-More variations on dirt holders. (This has been said a few times)
-More variations on hiding sheaths.
-More variations on lockpick rings.
-Reversible Thief Impersonation jewelry.
--Turn it to show one guild, turn again to show Thief Guild.
-Gang affiliation Merchants
--Sewer Rat Gang, Red Sash, Fade Gang, Ishtvan's Gang (do they have a name?), Muspar'i Gang (name?)

* SPLAT! * You destroy the annoying thing!
Re: Thief Merchants 04/01/2012 10:47 PM CDT
Call it whatever you want but stating reality as opposed to some skewed view through rose tinted glasses doesn't change the fact that we haven't received anything substantive in years other than Fade weapons. It's cute that some of you think that one person stating his opinion will actually affect us getting anything. Reality is we weren't getting anything to begin with. There's been list after list of what Thieves would like to see from a merchant and it's not hard for them to see what's been requested.

~Nancy~
Re: Thief Merchants 04/01/2012 11:55 PM CDT
>>It's cute that some of you think that one person stating his opinion will actually affect us getting anything.

So you agree that your view contributes nothing. I'm glad you have come to this conclusion, because now you can safely stop contributing.

"hypocrite, thy name is teveshszat, and i just hope i'm there to see you when you're broght down." - GERSTEINJ2

Chatter[Gonifa] whatever, scripto-gnome.
Re: Thief Merchants 04/01/2012 11:58 PM CDT

>>It's cute that some of you think that one person stating his opinion will actually affect us getting anything.

>>So you agree that your view contributes nothing. I'm glad you have come to this conclusion, because now you can safely stop contributing.

Shocking you jumping into a folder and bringing nothing to it. Don't you have every other folder to troll already?
Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 12:14 AM CDT
>>stating reality

I think one thing you have to admit is that: This is your views of the development. Others don't have to share in them or even kowtow to you in your belligerent display of those views. Your veiled mockery and insults belie your obvious angst. I prefer my so-called rose-tinted glasses to your garish and opaque ones.

In short, your attitude and approach bring nothing of worth to a discussion of this nature. Please cease bashing on the few developers who actually read these forums. Thanks.

Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 12:19 AM CDT
>>I think one thing you have to admit is that: This is your views of the development. Others don't have to share in them or even kowtow to you in your belligerent display of those views. Your veiled mockery and insults belie your obvious angst. I prefer my so-called rose-tinted glasses to your garish and opaque ones.

>>In short, your attitude and approach bring nothing of worth to a discussion of this nature. Please cease bashing on the few developers who actually read these forums. Thanks.

My views are held by a pretty decent amount of Thieves. I have no clue who you are but your account name doesn't ring a bell so I doubt you've been around for too long. Keep those rose-tinted glasses clean because they'll eventually collect dirt and scratch.

Your sucking up and misplaced awe of some hidden development also bring nothing to the discussion. To have a discussion on development we actually would need development. Go through the GM Announcements folder and see how much development we've had since 08.

~Nancy~
Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 12:22 AM CDT
>>Shocking you jumping into a folder and bringing nothing to it. Don't you have every other folder to troll already?

All you're doing is stomping your foot angrily because you feel you need a dedicated GM to see development, even though you're not really expressing what needs development.

"hypocrite, thy name is teveshszat, and i just hope i'm there to see you when you're broght down." - GERSTEINJ2

Chatter[Gonifa] whatever, scripto-gnome.
Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 12:29 AM CDT
<<My views are held by a pretty decent amount of Thieves.>>

I doubt it.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 12:56 AM CDT
<<Shocking you jumping into a folder and bringing nothing to it.>>

Actually he brought a critically important issue to the folder, which is you need to clue in, ~Nancy~ Drew, and realize you're making things worse. Nothing you say will be of any consequence until you realize that fact.

But once you realize it then please dazzle us with a list of constructively stunning ideas for improvements to the guild? I for one am always on the prowl for hearing such things.

Kaxis

>A dobek moruryn sits perfectly still.
>The dobek moruryn crumbles apart.

You say, "Hey, use it or lose it, buddy."
Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 01:11 AM CDT
>>My views are held by a pretty decent amount of Thieves.

All I read is you. When they post, if they post, I only hope they are far more constructive when expressing them than your attempts.

>>account name

You can call or e-mail Simutronics at anytime to have your account name changed. I don't need to prove to you that I've been around for long enough to have an opinion on your negative outlook. There are enough people who know what characters I play/played and what I'm all about.

>>sucking up and misplaced awe

I think you are confusing respect for some sort of brown-nosing. I'm not getting any brownie points by being a nice and positive guy. That's just how freaking awesome I am and what I do on a daily basis. I enjoy this game and anybody who spends time on making it better is always going to have me in their corner. In the end, they are working for me to have more fun than I already do.

>>08

Seriously? You're complaining about 4 years? Maybe it's you who are new to this whole thing. There are some guild's who've had far less than the Thieves for far longer. However, I'll be your Huckleberry and check the folder. Here is what I found:

06/2010 Slip Fixes (quasi-theif ability, we'll count it for development)
05/2010 King Fade makes his appearence
04/2010 Khri Sagacity
03/2010 Enhanced GLANCE
02/2010 Muspar'i additions
12/2009 Reputation Updates
01/2009 Therengian pro-Thief Updates
01/2009 Crossing Guildhall expansion

Maybe you should have picked an earlier date but than your inflated argument wouldn't be so... inflated.

Re: April 1 04/02/2012 02:03 AM CDT
>And since those merchants actually DO quite a bit of sales each time they're out, I'm guessing its really you that doesn't want any of the stock, rather than 'everyone'.

Data? (Because I love reading how much people blow at fests)

>when I post numbers why would you take my word for it there?

Yes

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 02:44 AM CDT
>>As you can see this attitude and type of comments will usually get you less instead of more.

>And that's exactly the point I was attempting to make.

Good to know we're working on the grudge-based development model.

Yes, let's extort a more deferential attitude. Can't have a negative voice lest a GM gets their feelings hurt and neglects everyone in that guild!

Lovely how half the people in this folder now are worrying over our single critical poster "making things worse".

Disgusting.

I'd be more sympathetic if this wasn't the attitude you leaped into the conversation with, Jaedren.

I will say though, I agree with the posters who say don't just go on about "everything sucks" etc--say what you actually think sucks, specifically, and say how you'd like things to be.
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 05:25 AM CDT
>>Lovely how half the people in this folder now are worrying over our single critical poster "making things worse".

While it may be one poster in this folder, this has been happening all over the forums more and more as these changes get closer. Jaedren is not the only GM who has made a statement to some obnoxious poster to this effect either. These guys are mostly volunteer, and do this because they want to help the game. Enough people start posting like this all over the forums and it starts to sour their motivation. If everyone wants these 3.0 changes to come quicker, then try to be a little more supportive with critical suggestions instead of crying because you perceive someone has it better than you.

And to the previous crier in this thread. On top of everything Hex posted about development, our Khri's were rewritten around 08. Besides Necros what other guild has gotten their complete abilities/spells list rewritten since then? Yes it's been awhile since we have seen major development, but more guilds have seen much less than us. Since the Khri rewrite they have released the Necro guild, a good start to crafting, and now pushing out all the 3.0 changes. There is only a limited amount of developers for this game, and they can only do so much. Call it sucking up all you want, but I see the big picture, not the tiny narrow view of my guild only. If you think they need more help then apply to be a CE GM.
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 08:15 AM CDT
actually, There are points he made that I agree with, although he might have coached his words with a bit more finesse. as the long-time player of a thief, I'm not particularly waiting with baited breath for 3.0. Although as a player of other guilds, there are some things that are coming out that I'd enjoy, and I'm enjoying most of the craft systems already released - there's things about 3.0 I'm just not over enthusiastic about, both as the player of a thief and as a player of most
every other guild out there.

1. <thief> Everyone and his gerbil being able to carve lockpicks? I take that as a downgrade, not an upgrade. I hate that change, but there's not a single thing I can do about it.

2. <requirement changes> I'm happy with my thief requirements the way they are right now, thanks. That pretty much aligns with the other guilds as well. Except for the brand new release of magic for traders. I am admittedly Very excited about that. Every other guild means more work to get to the same place I am now. That's after the grandfathering. Training more ranks per circle for the same amount means having to spend MORE time on each character, not the same. Splitting magic into 5 different skills that you can't train by casting the same TM spell in combat. Requiring the most boring skill of powerwalking being the main way of learning attunement rather than harness which trained alongside PM.> Necromancer changes of incurring DO for all necro spells, not just trans and animation.

3. combat changes. I'm pretty satisfied as how combat works now. I've adjusted to it, and I get along just fine using "attack". Slowing down the pace, making a quasi RT for retreating, etc...Making it harder by making it take longer to kill critters.

4. weapon combines of LE and ME. I used these as my primary weapons for my thief I would use one, and when i'd mindlock it, i'd use the other. Both before I could lock backstab. Only way you'd get me enthusiastic over this change is if they let us BS with cinqs <HE weapon>. I'd take that in a heartbeat if I could do that.

3. the guildleader being replaced? As much as I like having a s'kra in charge, i liked the guild atmosphere better of the old tog. And my character personally detests having the person ultimately in charge out on ain ghazel.

4. as far as festival offerings. Other than Fade weapons and oath rings <featuring loyalty to the old tog>, I haven't made many purchases at thief shops for the last few festivals. Fade weapons are admittedly awesomesauce, and I love 'em. Although I don't love dying to get there... heh. With my climbing ranks <over 500> I shouldn't fall from the scaffolding, ya know?

I also noticed something from that list of releases. 2009. 2010. Nothing for 2011. Nothing for 2012 <yet>.

As far as being constructive and making suggestions for the guild, I have done so. Repeatedly. For 16 years. The idea of different sects for different types of thieves has been brought up before. By me and by many other thieves that have come and gone. Soim for one. Sok for another. Smuggling in combination with traders - I've suggested that since 1996 both on the trader and thief boards. Have submitted fleshed out stuff. I've put in suggestions for other passages - useful ones. In the passage contest way back when. I've submitted suggestions that would do things for thieves that have to interact with the justice system. Recall warrant. You could do it yourself rather than have to log in an alt in the city you wish to check. Bribing guards. Bribing the town hall to lose the charges against you. Stealing from creatures. Breaking and Entering in shops that close at night in shard, arthe dale, etc. And other types of things of a thiefly nature.

Jaidren, we love ya in events. Hey, I appreciated ya back when you were barbarian advocate back in 2002. But, Just cause we appreciate your efforts, doesn't mean that we can't have an open forum, as adults, to discuss decisions we disagree with, or need improvement when it comes to the Guild of Thieves, as every one of us as players "invests" our time and our money in this game, and so we each have a "stake" in it. We want to have it continue. If it ceases to be fun anymore, it won't.

[Uzmam] "<chat>" "what you seem to not realize is that I'd love for Uzmam to be outed. That way she could have Divult finally apprentice her and I could learn those slips"
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 08:30 AM CDT
>I see the big picture, not the tiny narrow view of my guild only

Indeed, which is why I am annoyed or outright angered by people who say "Only my guild should be the best at that, because (insert reason)". I see it in every Guild, except maybe the Bards. And by "be the best", that has historically meant "can be the only one to even attempt it, with the possible exception of if the nonGuildperson has a crazy high rank differential to a Guildperson". The more game-dominating and plat-making the ability, the louder the cries. And it's particularly annoying when it's from a person with only one character who is vesting interest in only one guild.

I actively play 5 guilds on a daily basis and have played most of the other 6 enough to know what's what and seen most of the breadth of their abilities. I would say that only Barb and WM have I not got enough experience in playing to talk about the nitty-gritty of their abilities.

As for guild monopolies, my second main character is an Empath, and has what is probably one of the greatest signature abilities in the game. But it came with a terrible, terrible cost to the Empath Guild development as a whole over the years, leading to incredible stagnation because it was the ONLY thing the guild was known for, and expanding out of that model was seen as basically rising above their role. It's taken years, is still being worked on, and still has a long way to go for parity. The same for Traders, except their stagnation was even worse. The coming days will probably see some rather interesting discussions arise with their new paradigm announced yesterday and today. As much as I, personally, love healing and selling gems and skins for people, I wouldn't be all that bothered by non-Empaths and Traders having other means to heal themselves and increase their profits. Well, maybe a little on the profits thing, but that's more about dealing with the Red Queen's race and mudflation.

Yes, more Thief development would be nice. I eagerly await better ways of learning Thievery such as with B+E, better ways of dealing with traps, and wouldn't mind more ways of ambushing such as, say, a combo dirt/trap move that would lead to immobilizing a target (blind it and tie it). I'd also like some khri or something to boost other skills that were traditionally seen as "non-Thiefly", but are now moving into guild reqs by necessity. One way or another, one at least one of the 3 skills not seen as "Thiefly" earlier is now required of Thieves, be it FA, Skinning, or Foraging. Personally I'd go for the skinning or foraging one.

There's a whole slew of development that can still be done, and is for a lot of guilds, but it's pretty much all either directly tied in with DR 3.0, or DR 3.0 is necessary to happen FIRST.

>CE GM

DEV GM actually. CE are the people who go between the Devs and ths playerbase. Devs are the ones who get to hack this tired old game engine apart to keep it breathing and give it new gasps every now and then.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 09:08 AM CDT
>>Can't have a negative voice

Not at all, I don't care so much about the negative as I do the belligerence. If it was in the least bit constructive or even less insulting I could have just passed it over as some begrudged player and beneath my notice. Trying to call GM's out and claim this guild has been shafted is just a lie and that is something that cannot be allowed to spread. As long as we keep that line in the sand clear, I'm all good.

>>"making things worse"

This is actually a valid concern. I don't know many people who are motivated by insults or goon-tactics. If we allow this negative outlook to be perceived as the general player view, we could be in a world of trouble. Luckily not many make that huge leap and can see those jaded posters for what they are.

>>GJ2:open forum, as adults, to discuss

I love this, and if things were playing out along these lines than I would have been thrilled. However, they weren't and we both admit that. I actually love allot of your suggestions and think a few of them would be awesome if active on the here and now. If other posters had adopted your approach that would be a blessing.

>>There's a whole slew of development that can still be done, and is for a lot of guilds, but it's pretty much all either directly tied in with DR 3.0, or DR 3.0 is necessary to happen FIRST.

My exact understanding as well, and the main reason why I can deal with waiting for awhile.

>>Sok

Funny story, after Sok pestering me forever and bragging about being the most awesome Dwarf Thief; I decided to roll one up for myself. I trotted all the way out to Muspar'i and accused Sok of being his illegitimate father. A fact he denied by saying "Your beard is the wrong color."

Re: April 1 04/02/2012 09:30 AM CDT
>DEV GM actually

I think the implication was that if the person became a CE GM the DEV GM's already on board would have more time to devote to development. That's how I interpretted it anyhow.

good post overall though.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 10:13 AM CDT
>Fades back into the chaos dragging a unconscious post behind him.

Just a nudge.. so far.

If you have any questions, please email either myself (Mod-Pomae@play.net) or Senior Board Monitor (DR-Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net).
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 10:20 AM CDT

>>Seriously? You're complaining about 4 years? Maybe it's you who are new to this whole thing. There are some guild's who've had far less than the Thieves for far longer. However, I'll be your Huckleberry and check the folder. Here is what I found:

>>06/2010 Slip Fixes (quasi-theif ability, we'll count it for development)
>>05/2010 King Fade makes his appearence
>>04/2010 Khri Sagacity
>>03/2010 Enhanced GLANCE
>>02/2010 Muspar'i additions
>>12/2009 Reputation Updates
>>01/2009 Therengian pro-Thief Updates
>>01/2009 Crossing Guildhall expansion

>>Maybe you should have picked an earlier date but than your inflated argument wouldn't be so... inflated.

It's pretty amusing you're calling me new. If you weren't around for when we renamed the conflict folder I'll give you a hint. I came up with the name for the conflict folder.

You're grabbing at straws to try and show any positive development in the past years. You're also ignoring me stating I do love the Fade weapons. I also said I do like Khri Sagacity.

If you want to see positive posts from me there are plenty in the Thief folders over the past 10+ years I've been playing. Unlike you I don't cower when a GM finally shows up in our folder and instead of posting something positive posts a rant of how he's not going to throw us some crappy recycled merchants because of my negative attitude.

I've posted my opinion on 3.0 and even when asking for stealth and thievery to be switched on soft requirements many of you suck-ups jumped in acting like it was some crazy request. That conversation started off pretty decent until others took it more negative.

~Nancy~
Re: April 1 ::NUDGE:: 04/02/2012 10:26 AM CDT

The bickering goes to the conflicts folder.

Keep your discussion both civil and constructive or end it.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 10:27 AM CDT
>>Maybe you should have picked an earlier date but than your inflated argument wouldn't be so... inflated.

It's then not than.

And in regards to the date if you actually read the posts you'll see it was a GM who tossed the 3 years argument in with regards to us versus Barbarians. I try not to post Guild versus Guild because I realize every guild wants development of their own. Guild development died when we lost our Advocate and it was a painfully dead topic for an incredibly long time before we got Zeyurn and Tiesse coding for us. I don't consider BUG fixes to be revolutionary coding.

As far as the Guildhall I'll take the old one back where people actually socialized.

~Nancy~
Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 10:31 AM CDT
This has moved from irritating back to flat amusing. Watching someone brag about how long they've played DR as if it means something, how they 'named a folder', etc. it's kinda pathetic, but mostly amusing since he is so utterly sincere.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Thief Merchants 04/02/2012 10:35 AM CDT
>>This has moved from irritating back to flat amusing. Watching someone brag about how long they've played DR as if it means something, how they 'named a folder', etc. it's kinda pathetic, but mostly amusing since he is so utterly sincere.

You're correct, it's ridiculous to respond with how long you've been around when someone calls you new. The amusing thing to me is how many suck-ups have appeared out of nowhere. Kudos to many of you for finally posting in the Thief folders for possibly the first time. Kudos also for finally posting and adding nothing at the same time. I'm sure some of you have such solid backbones that if the Guild was removed from the game you would applaud the GMs for their insight and incredible work.

~Nancy~
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 10:40 AM CDT
<<I'll give you a hint. I came up with the name for the conflict folder. >>

heh. hi L. welcome back!

[Uzmam] "<chat>" "what you seem to not realize is that I'd love for Uzmam to be outed. That way she could have Divult finally apprentice her and I could learn those slips"
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 10:42 AM CDT
>>heh. hi L. welcome back!

Your memory is shot after all these years.

I've never left and not L. And you've known me for like 10+ years IG which is sad.

~Nancy~
Re: April 1 04/02/2012 10:50 AM CDT
heh, maybe the memory is going.... but wasn't there a folder called L's something which was more or less complaints? i forget the exact title... laments? or something to that effect? wasn't Laros... darn, who was it???? That's what happens when you play a necro for a few years. The brain cells cease to function...

Anyway, you brought up some legitimate concerns.

Prev_page Previous 1